cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing BPM's in sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a way that we can execute different BPMs in sequence? Like as a workflow. Please input your views.

We have developed different BPMs and need to integrate them together in sequence.

1) We have to make it as a huge BPM with all the steps in it.

2) Having the BPMs execute in sequence. If one BPM fails, the next one should be on hold. This is like a batch schedule.

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog may give some inputs-

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/17/bridging-the-sync-async-bridge-with-fork-xi

Thru messages , you can trigger bpms in sequence- for more on -

<i>An integration process can trigger another integration process to start by means of a corresponding message. In this way, you can link integration processes to form a process chain.</i> from following SAP help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3c/831620a4f1044dba38b370f77835cc/content.htm

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

There could be different options to achieve this....depending on your scenario...

- you should have a master BPM and all the individual BPMs, there would be synchronous messages exchanged between master and individual BPMs, so that each BPM is triggered off from the master BPM and the master waits for the response....

- another way would be to have master and individual BPMs, however the interaction between the BPMs will not be synchronous...however it will be achieved by having correlation activated....

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

WOW!!!

Thats a great information. Can you please elaborate how to create the master BPM and trigger the individual BPMs from it? This is what I need to have for my solution.

For example, we have developed 6 BPM's and wanted to execute them in a sequence.

I like to know how to trigger these.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

let us assume that the interaction is going to be synchrounous.

The first step in the individual BPMs would be a receive step(opening a SA bridge)...and the finally after all the processing, close the bridge with a send step(with a success or failure message)....

Now in the master BPM, there would be a synchronous send, which sends out a request and waits for the response....the receiver for the request would be the individual BPM which will send back the response to the master....

now in the master check this individual message whether it is success or failure using a switch step and do the action like wise...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

In integration directory you can install integration processes(bpms) cerated in the repository, then u can specify sender system as bpm A and receiver system as bpm B, in this way u can link bpms.

Hope it Helps U !!

Cheers...

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Hope this weblog helps you.

<a href="/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements:///people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements

Regards,

JE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepu,

Each BPM has their own messages in the receive step. For example, BPM1 gets the message from sender and process that and finally send a response to Master BPM to trigger the next one. Where should the BPM2 gets the message for its receive step?

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to call BPMs in sequence, then input to BPM2 should be the output message type which BPM1 sends, that way you can link the BPMs.