Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW- line items thru bdc recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m creating a lsmw thru bdc recodring for me21.

the prob is ...how to upload the line items ? if i do in general it will only upload one line item for order....help me in solving this.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guy,

I think you'll have to use two source files ( one for the header, one for items ).

Take a look at :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/e1/c6d30210e6cf4eac7b054a73f8fb1d/frameset.htm

Erwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you do the recording in LSMW then if the options for multiple line items are available in ME21 then you can do the same with the LSMW recording also.

All you have to do is map the line items fields of the SAP structure to the line items of your upload source structure.

The Source Structure has to be defined as HEADER structure and the LINE item strucuture at the next level.

Then in the HEADER structure in the Source Field steps ,Name the first field as Record Identiifer and for the properties of the field give the value for Identifying Field Content as 'HEADER'.

Similarily for the LINE structure in the Source Field steps ,Name the first field as Record Identiifer and for the properties of the field give the value for Identifying Field Content as 'LINE'.

This would allow you to identify the HEADER and LINE for the files to be uploaded.

Please check this link also

Hope this is clear and is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It's very hard to do that because it can't change the code of BDC recording.

It would be better to use the BAPI

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

This is common problem when recording line items.. ...

The solution is.::

While recording the line items.., record the line item in the second row.., then record 'page down' button in the screen by pressing it.... This willl move ur record to the first row, and the second line will be available for accepting the next line item..

This will surely work..

Award and close the thread if useful

Thanks

Rajiv

0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

I was struggling with the same issue. And the suggestion you gave 4 years back has solved my problem now.

I wish I could have given you 10 points.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

The above solution is very useful for me. But how to prepare a source file for that ? How to prepare template with multiple entries ?

Thanks

Ramesh