cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Delivery, PGI and Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

Will appreciate the feedback on this. In standard SAP, upon creating and saving of sales order, we need to create outbound delivery ( and do picking for picking-relevant item ), then do PGI. Upon that, create billing document and save.

My question is, if upon creating and saving of sales order, I want to make the subsequent processes runs automatically, how can it be done ?

The triggering part from saving the sales order - can that be done via userexit ? If so, which userexit can I look into ?

For the automation of delivery, PGI issue and billing, are there any BAPI or userexit that can accomodate that ? If so, can anyone be kind enough to pinpoint to me how to locate it and if possible, what are the key things I need to look into ? I believe it can be done via BDC as well but I'm not too sure how to go around it.

Really looking forward to some valuable feedbacks here. Many thanks way in advance.

Warmest Regards,

Janice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janine,

Rush order or Cash Sales will enable the creation of delivery automatically. For the automatic of PGI and Billing, you can seek the help to ABAPers to create a background processing for PGI and Billing using BDC/BAPI.

Cheers,

Edie

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mistake in assigning points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for the late response. I am currently liaising with the developers and am taking note of all the suggestions given here. Am truly appreciative of all of you guys inputs. Will keep you guys posted on the progress.

Once again, thanks.

Regards,

Janine

0 Kudos

Hi Janine,

What I'd suggest is a combination of rush order and a series of BAPIs (or linked to output types - ie:

Order to Delivery by Rush Order.

Picking will be done if you automate Picking List Output (the old SD picking). For lean WM or WM, you need some BAPI I'm not familiar with.

For GI I suggest using the WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE in some output type in delivery. The interface is very simple, just have the program call it in the background.

For Billing there is note 0431941, which describes how to set up an output type that does exactly so.

I suggest in general:

to have all your outputs running in the update task (time 4),

to check the previous status in output requirements (GI checks picking status - Billing checks GI status),

to have the output program start the next function in the backgroung (check the note, it is extremely helpful)

Additionnally I don't really understand what you need picking for...

Hope that helps.

Stratis Pelekidis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Janie,

I have worked on the following scenario but the results were not very Successful. reason being our was a project wherein the data was huge. this scenario is very

successful in pilot scale. You need to write BDC program which will call transaction codes VL01n and VF01 automatically.

lt me know if you need further inputs.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janie,

You can also create a BDC program where everything would be created on its own.You can take the help of ABAPer for this purpose.

It will also do the availability check and in your program you can create the logic that PGI would be done only if the confirmation date in the schedule line is today's date.

We ourselves have created the same scenario in our own project and it has worked really well.

OR

Configure the sales order such that the delivery is created on saving the document. This can be achieved in sales order type.

Create a Batch job which does the subsequent steps.

On creation of delivery, use the function module 'ws_delivery_update' or 'SD_DELIVERY_UPDATE_PICKING_1' or 'BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CONFIRM_DEC' [take the Help of an ABAPer] to perform the PGI. In the end use the transaction for billing due list to create the billing documents.

Reward points if it works.

Regards

Karan

Message was edited by:

Karan Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to write BDC program with the help of ABAP which will call transaction codes VL01n and VF01 automatically.

Please reward points if it is helpful.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennie,

The requirement addressed by you is the one we have implemented through ABAP development. As soon as the order is saved subsequent activity of create delivery, pick, post Goods Issue & invoice is done automatically.

Several check points are required i.e if stock is not there then it will stop at that level. The requirement can only be meet with proper programming & regourious testing to check the working of development.

However if you want delivery to be created automatically, you can use rush order, but still the picking, PGI & Invoice has to be done individually.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janine,

this is a million-dollar question.

You can create a delivery from sales order usign the rush order but you cannot pick and post GI and issue the invoice automatically.

You cannot use message technology neither workflow since DB locks prevent the subsequent document creation and in heavy loaded systems the performance are affected and you miss a lot of documents.

Maybe you must create some multi step batch jobs that do the work running every n minutes:

for delivery creation you can use the standard batch VL10BATCH

for billing you can use the standard batch billing tcode VF06

You could disable picking for some specific delivery or shipping point or plant/storage location (there is a user exit for this and customizing also) and for GI you can make a batch input.

reward points if helpful, pls.

regards

Roberto