cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Unit of measure for a data view in Interactive planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I need to change the unit of measure for one user in a data view in interactive planning.

For example, for user U1, the unit must be KG for KF1 but for the user U2 the unit must be TO for KF1 too. I manage to change it manually (with a right click) but it doesn't save it. So i would like to create a start macro or default macro which would change the unit.

Can you help me please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Unfortunately there is no easy way to changfe unit of measue in a data view in SAP standard. The user will have to Righ-click on the Data View name cell select from "Unit of Measure" >> "Set" an appropriate UoM (making sure it is defined as Alternate UoM for the product master) and click on Execute. This will change the UoM and associated values in all the keyfigure cells for the particular session.

I guess you have already done this.

Thanks,

Somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you need to have different Planning area (for diff UoM ) userwise, also as mentioned by Somnath need to define alternate UoM for the product master.

Also by standard SAP macros I think one can not go upto UoM Level for change .

But I think you can define a BW Query report to view this data in diff UOM .

Can I pls know the business case where you need to see different UoM in same data view .

Regds ,Digs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

Digambar, in fact, there are several data views for one planning area. For some data view there are several users. Some of them want to add figures using KG and others want to add figures using TO.