cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mySAP ERP ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis, Java Gurus,

We are intending to install the mySAP ECC with ABAP only and not with JAVA Components.

Our solution landscape includes the following:

One server for Solution Manager (4GB RAM, Dual Core 3.0 X 2, RAID Controller)

One server for Development Server (4GB RAM, Dual Core 3.0 X 2, RAID Controller)

One server for QA and Testing Server (4GB RAM, Dual Core 3.0 X 2, RAID Controller)

One server for Production Server (Cluster ECC6.0) (8GB RAM, Dual Core 3.0 X 2, RAID Controller)

One server for Production Server (Cluster SQL) (8GB RAM, Dual Core 3.0 X 2, RAID Controller)

One Data Center connected to the Cluster with over 1TB with two arrays and RAID Controller

We are also going to be installing the BW module 2 months from now. In light of these, I would like to know the following :

1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of not installing AS JAVA with ABAP????

the BW users are estimated not to exceed 15 users

the ECC6.0 users are estimated not to exceed 100 users

OS Platform: Windows Server 2003

Database: SQL Server 2005

What do we have to do if the number of users double?

2.Regarding Hardware, do we need separate servers for ECC6.0 and BW7.0

or can we group them on the same server.

3. Suppose today I have both the ECC and BW on the same server and later on a separate Server as the load increases. Is it possible to copy the entire BW on the new server? OR it can disturb my ERP ECC installation?

Pl give your valuable guidance / tips/ links.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I'm not an expert on ECC and BW but hopefully thread can give you at least some hints. You could also have a look at the Installation guides on http://service.sap.com/instguides.

BTW, you've hit the wrong forum here - I'll move your thread to the NetWeaver AS General forum where you'll probably get more responses to your questions.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Answers (0)