cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing boxes in one line after table in Main Window (SmartForms)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have basis 4.6C. I have a SmartForm where I have a header and Main Window (in it I have a table with unknown length) and I need to print several boxes after this table.

Something like that:

....... ____________........... ________________

Sign |____________| Name |________________|

In this situation I can't use "Template" because of in version 4.6C I can't specify which borders I want to hilight. And I can't use windows because of I couldn't absolutly specify them in vertical position, I don't know where on the page my table will finish.

Does anybody know how I can solve my problem?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After your Table Node you can try to use a Template node with 4 text nodes under it. In the 2nd and 4th text nodes, go to the output options to draw a box around the text node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, unfortunately in 4.6C It is disabled. I cannot specify box around text element which included in template. I receive an error message which tell me about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then how about using 4 text nodes after your Table node and selecting Append Directly?

You will probably need to play around with the spacing of the text, but you should be able to draw a box around your 2nd and 4th nodes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I can't positioning my box witch drawn around text accross width. I can only do it smaller or biger, but it stay in the middle of text line. May by this is a feature of release 4.6x

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vadim,

create a different line type with 4 cells , for this line slect the 2nd and 4th cells then set the borders for the cell(u can specify borders for the individual cells also...for this first clicke on the Pencil icon..then CTRL+select the only 2nd and 4th cell.. then select the Pattern as box...now it display the border for only 2nd and 4th box)

then place this in the footer part of the table..... insert whtever u want...

iby this u can solve u r problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, Naresh. Thank you for your advice, but in basis 4.6C I can"t using "Pencil" and key "CTRL" select single cell. This is the key of problem. And now I'm starting to think that there are no ways to resolve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi don't worry there is another way..to solve

can u please claryfy 1 thing

in 4.6c if i create a templates in one window(jst only 1 cell and 1 row)with borders.. i mean i want to create a template with borders and the template contains only 1 cell...

if i can do the avobe in 4.6c...then u problem will be solved...

wht u u have to do is <b>create individual templates</b>..let us say 4 templates... align tem in the adjcen..(u can allgn them in the window vertical and horizantal,) in TEMPALTE TAB>select DETAILS>there u can give horizantal and vertical aaginment (note: these allngments are with erference to the window not with reference to the page)...

allign the 4 templates as bellow

_________ _________ _________ _________

[_________][_________][_________] [_________]

above 4 template are individual... now give borders only for the templats 2 and 4(whichever u want borders) don't give borders which u don''t want..

now insert text as u want...

<b>Please let me know u r comment on this..</b>

Message was edited by:

Naresh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Naresh thank you for your hard participating. It's a good idea. I can do this in 4.6c, but: In my first post I wrote, that this boxes need me right after table in main window. This table has't known length. So, I don't know where in vertical on page this table will be finished. So, I cannot set templates that you advice absolutly in vertical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no problem u can print this only after completion of printing of the records in the table..which u don't know how many records are comming...

in main window..after the table...

1.create a folder.--> inside the folder insert the template as i said in the above post.

2. for the folder>CONDITIONS><b>TICK--Only Before Endof the Main window..</b>. by using this condition.. the templates will print only after the table entrys..

3. for the templates also -->in condtions tab ><b>TICKOnly Before Endof the Main window..</b>.

3rd point is optional...because u r giving the condtion for the folder.

if u implement the 3r point no need to create a folder.

There is no differnt u find...using the footer and as i said.. u will get the results as u expected.

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you solved you problem? If not I can try to suggest you some solution but I don't have 4.6c around. I guess you use normal table element for the display of main lines...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Alexander. I use normal table for display of main lines. And I still not resolve this problem. If some ideas will born in your mind, please post them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all check if you are using the "old" or new version of table component.

The old table component has some strange behavior and bugs also... And as far as it is "old" component SAP does not plan to correct and develop it. You can guess what are you using , if you look at the icon and check in documentation. Also if you create a new table component it will be from the new table component (maybe, I am not sure for 4.6c but for 4.7 and 2004 is for sure). You can use old table only if you modify or copied old smartform with old table, you cannot create new form with old table from certain supp.pack onwards. Check this because I had a lot of problems with old table controls.

Second, try using normal table control. You mentioned template, for main window I don't recommend from my experience to use templates... If you use normal table, you have definition of table rows outlook, which you assign to rows later. So you can define a new row style for ex. named "ROWFTR", which has borders on 2nd and 4th cell. Then create a new row in the footer subtree of your table and assign to it the "ROWFTR" style.

If this does not help, try setting a border and change the color (use white one where you don't want the border).

If for some reason you don't have footer subtree in your table control in 4.6c, you can use counter of rows and condition which to show the "additional" row at the end of table - create new row after the main one and set a condition to check if you have reached the last row.

That's all from me for now. I am sorry but I don't have 4.6c nearby, otherwise I can try to reproduce your problem. But in current versions ERP2004 I have made very flexible requirements without any problem, you only need to find the correct way - template or table.