cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a role to access a single SOAP interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already found how to create a user for my legacy applications access soap interfaces (with basic authentication) in XI. It seems to be ok creating an user with the role "SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER".

But the user with this role can access all soap interfaces published in XI. Is there a way to create a role allowing access to only one soap interface?

thanks!

roberti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Therre is an option called ACCESS CONTROL LIST to handle this.

Look into these 2 blogs to understand the same. This will solve your problem.

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/06/16/acl--confine-users-sending-messages

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/15/security-access-control-via-assigned-users

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

You are right, this can be used to solve the problem! Thank you very much.

By the way, do you know another way to perform this task? It seems not to be the best solution deny/allow access directly to the user. I think it would be better creating roles to perform this, what do you think about?

Again, thanks for your help!

cheers!

roberti

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Waldmer,

Even if you create multiple user and roles, if the message hits XI, until you do not have ACESS CONTROL LIST, you will not be able to filter the message.

Another option is to use Public _ Private Certificates but something that I would not ask you to do as you can handle the current requirement easily with Access Control List.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will start using it

thank you very mutch!

cheers!

roberti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please see the SAP Note 856597

and see the below link

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

is not exactly this... a user with this role can access every soap interface. We are trying to limit the soap interfaces that a user can have access.

By the way, thanks for your help!

regards!

roberti