cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot user name and password for MAxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had installed the SAP NW2004s on Windows platform with MaxDB as backend.

The master user name and password which i used for instllation was

Username :Administrator

password:trustno1.

My SAPSID and DBSID is J2E

Now i want to login into maxdb

how should i procedd

IF i fire the following commnd

dbmcli -d J2E -u Administrator,trustno1

i get the follwoing error

C:\sapdb\programs\bin>dbmcli -d J2E-u Administrator,punadmin

Error! Connection failed to node (local) for database J2E: ERR_USRFAIL: User aut

horization failed

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

first of all it would be great if you would create separate thread so your issue will not mix up with original problem

I do not have currently acces to any SOLMAN installation, but as far as I know

default passwords are same as any other R/3 installation based on NW, so

your colleague must have changed them.

However you can try to acces database via xuser entries (if they exist)

use user running solution manager (<sid>adm)

and try

dbmcli -d <SID> -U c (to login as dbm user (control))

dbmcli -d <SID> -U w (to login as sysdba (superdba))

if those commands works you sghould be able to change passwords as per note mentioned above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivan,

Brilliant! Thank you very much for your input.

Not being an expert on MaxDB (more an Oracle / SQL Server resource, actually), I wasn't sure if there were any workarounds like if an OS user was in a group that allowed administrative access.

The more I play around with MaxDB, the more I like it. I think I am going to have to experiment with it some more.

So, short version is that your solution worked, and thanks very much for that. I am assuming it did because <SID>adm is in a group that MaxDB permits to have this kind of access. The <b>'c'</b> in the command <b>'dbmcli -d <SID> -U c</b>' I see is a 'key' (alias?) for the user <b>CONTROL</b> that is visible when I execute <i><b>xuser list</b></i>. The <b>'w'</b> is similarly in that table for <b>SUPERDBA</b>.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

in order to use 'dbmcli -d <SID> -U c' you need to CREATE xuser entry for <sid>adm user:

SAP note 39439 - XUSER entries for SAP DB 6.x and 7.x

(it is NOT thanks to membership in sdba group)

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Natalia,

I just came across this thread and thought I would ask your opinion about something related.

I am cleaning up behind a junior consultant who was removed from a site where he had caused untold problems. This consultant went as far as to install a Solution Manager (4.0) instance on the same MaxDB instance as two other ECC6 solutions.

Now, I was successful in removing one of the (unnecessary) ECC6 instances by using the normal 'dbmcli -d <SAPSID> -u control,control db_drop' command, but it <i>appears</i> as if the Solution Manager installation does not set the standard passwords as mentioned in the MaxDB installation manual (the usual CONTROL and SUPERDBA ones). Do you have any idea what the CONTROL password for a standard SolMan 4.0 installation might be?

I am certain that the junior consultant wouldn't have bothered to change the standard passwords, and unless the password change was caused by the Solution Manager installation itself (in which case we would not know what he set the master password to), then they must have been set by SAP AG during the installation process just as they would have been in a normal Netweaver process.

I would appreciate your comments. If you are unable to help, I am going to log a call on OSS and see what the developers say, and post their response back here.

Many thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

You can try control,control and superdba,admin.

Have you checked the SAP Note 25591?

Regards,

Gokhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokhan,

I have tried those, which is why I am asking if there is a difference between the standard Netweaver MaxDB install and the Solution Manager 4.0. The passwords for CONTROL and SUPERDBA are definitely not what they usually are, namely <b>control</b> and <b>admin</b> respectively.

If you have a SolMan MaxDB instance running that you have access to, would you be kind enough to check whether you can connect with CONTROL,control? If you can, it means that the junior consultant changed the standard passwords (but as I said in my previous post, I think that this is unlikely).

Thanks very much for your response.

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately I don't have SolMan access at the moment, but I'm unanimous with Ivan's answer.

Regards,

Gokhan

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manoj caisucar

in your case this would be:

dbmcli -d J2E -u control,trustno1

As Natalia already mentioned, there is no user Administrator but "control" instead.

Best Regards,

Hannes Kuehnemund

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

SAP Standard Users for MAXDB Database::

dbm ( Database Manager operator ) user - CONTROL( default password - control );

SYSDBA (UserDatabase System Administrator) User - SUPERDBA ( default password - admin);

Database administrator for the SAP system with the ID <SAPSID>

(database user of the type DBA) - SAP<SAPSID> ( default password - sap);

< In J2EE systems: DBA user - SAP<SAPSID>DB ( default password - sap);

MAXDB documentation available at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb,

Please review the information in MaxDB Library -> Basic Information

-> MaxDB Security Guide -> User Administration and Authentication

< -> Changing the Passwords of Standard Users >

Please run on the database server:

< dbmcli -d <DB-name> -u <dbm-user>,<dbm-user-pwd> >

dbmcli -d J2E -u control,control

<enter>

=> update with the results.