cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild & Deployment Issue of WebDynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have upgraded the NWDS version from 2.0.9 to 7.0.(SP 10), and have WAS 6.40.

I was trying with a sample "FlightList" Webdynpro Application given in SDN. Imported that to NWDS and when i first Rebuild the project, (in tasks, it says project was not built due to classpath errors(incomplete or involved in cycle) and then when i try to deploy the application, (in the Deploy Output View)it gives a waring saying" Deployement finished with warning"

So what is the classpath i need to give here and is there anything else i need to configure in NWDS ?

Appreciate your help.

Thankyou,

NR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

Select your project, open the context menu and choose Repair -> Project Structure and Classpath. Then rebuild and try again.

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

I tried with the Repair option, rebuild it and i try to deploy the application it prompts a "Projects with Error " window.(saying about, generation or build errors). I clicked ok to continue anyway, and finally i get a "500 Internal server error with details -

com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Bad attribute list. Expected WhiteSpace, / or >:(:main:, row:1, col:493)

Note: The sample Webdynpro_Quiz application is running fine. but the application with Model structure in it has this issue above.JCo connections are maintained and test connection is also successful.

Thanks in advance,

NR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

I still don't understand, where and when the error occurs. After rebuilding the project, you don't have errors anymore, but if you try to deploy, you get this "Project error"? Can you give some more details?

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Sorry for the late reply, as I was trying out everything from the scratch.

I downloaded the Webdynpro_OVS_Valuehelp project and imported that to NWDS.

When i try to rebuild the project it gives me " Project was not build due to classpath errors(incomplete or involved in cycle) " message in the Tasks window, with a redcross before the message.

Likewise there are three "Missing required library: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\SAP_JTECHS\DCs\sap.com\webservices~...... "

I read that there are 3 such *.jar files missing viz., webservices_api.jar,sapxmltoolkit.jar,jaxrpc_api.jar.If i am right, how can i get them?

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rightclick on the project and select repair ->project structure and classpath

Regards,Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I have done that already, but tried again , and i get the "Project with errors" window saying about the generation or build errors .

Regards,

NR

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

Check this thread too may be it solve your problem:

/thread/182569 [original link is broken]

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the webservices_api.jar file in plugins\com.sap.engine.webservice_XXX\lib folder

sapXMLtoolkit.jar in plugins\com.tssap.libs.xmltoolkit_XX\lib

Regards,Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying from the scratch with the Webdynpro_OVS_Valuehelp application that i downloaded from the SDN.

In the Tasks View - there are some errors generated. so I tried with the Repair Option and then rebuild it, now here in Tasks View, all the error turn to warning and then one error saying " The project was not built due to classpath errors(incomplete or invloved in cycle)" is displayed.

So finally, when i Go to Deploy it i get the 'Project with errors' window.

Please provide your valuable input.

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

This means that there are some problems in your project build path.

Goto project build path and check all the jars in the build path.

Check if there are any jar files with warning icon . Delete those jars from the build path list and try again.

Regards,Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thnkyou for ur input, Indeed there were some jar files with warning icons, so I deleted them and then i was able to deploy the application, but i get the error "com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.RepositoryRuntimeException: XMLParser: Bad attribute list. Expected WhiteSpace"

(Note: I have upgraded my NWDS from 2.0.9 to 7.0.10 but the WAS is 6.40 SP16(previous), is there any issue with compatibilty of versions)

What could be the issue?

Regards,

NR

Message was edited by:

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post the complete stacktrace.

-ANilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

This is what it displays on my browser window (nothing more than this).

<i>

<b>500 Internal Server Error</b>

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.RepositoryRuntimeException: XMLParser: Bad attribute list. Expected WhiteSpace, / or >: (:main:, row:1, col:493)

Exception id: [00145E1C5794000E000000500000622300042827A64832AC]</i>

Let me know if theres any thing else i need to provide you with

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appreciate your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance,

NR

dhawal_joshi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

If i understood you correctly , you have downloaded a non-dc project from SDN and while you tried to build this you found some missing jars, which you removed from the classpath .

These jar files are required for the application to build and run, if you remove those from the classpath - your application will not build and even if you ignore the warning and deploy it , it will surely not run.

Is it possible for you to post the names / path of all the missing jar files which you could not able to resolve for the project .

I hope i will be able to help you out after that

Thanks

Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhawal,

While i was rebuilding the application three files were missing in the Build path.I read that there are 3 such *.jar files missing viz., webservices_api.jar, sapxmltoolkit.jar, jaxrpc_api.jar( I deleted them and then was able to deploy but couldnt get the output)

I have tried to add them as External jars- but still no go ... let me know if you have any solution?

Thnks,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

The three jar files that you are missing have the following locations:

For NW04:

eclipse_directory\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap\comp\<b>SAP_JTECHS</b>\DCs\sap.com\webservices\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\

For NW04S

eclipse_directory\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap\comp\<b>SAP-JEE</b>\DCs\sap.com\webservices\_comp\gen\default\public\default\lib\java\

Please note the difference in the bold letters.

This change seems to have been introduced in SP11 (or 12) of NW04S. There is no automatic classpath handling, therefore you need to do it yourself manually.

In order to do that:

- Right click on your project and choose "Properties"

- Navigate to "Java build path" and tab "Libraries"

- For the three jar file locations mentioned above manually substitute <i>SAP_JTECHS</i> with <i>SAP-JEE</i>. After this step the warning markers of the jars should disappear.

- Rebuild your application.

Hope that this solves your problems.

Regards, Danail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi danail,

Sorry for the late reply.I was on leave for fewdays and later on when i came back there are some Port related issues within our network here , so I was unable to deploy the application and check out if it running successfully.

Shall Update you once I am done with it.

thanx,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

if you have generation errors, check them first. Do you have still errors regarding classpathes?

Kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

I don't have any classpath errors now. but whenever i try to deploy the application i get that "Project with error " window popping up.

I have just imported the same project that i downloaded from SDN?

what can be the issue here ?

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the classpath problem, if u rebuild the project again, it will be corrected. Then u can deploy the application. For 'Project with error', check if there is any error showing in the implementation view.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

I don't see any errors showing in implementation view? any other way for the solution ?

Regards,

NR