cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re:- Transport system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a strange problem with respect to Transport. In my ECC 6.0 system , my Transport request was hanging at Transport Car, symbol (import running) for very long.

My RDDIMPDP job is running fine, based on Sm37 t-code. By looking at the

Tp system Log -> the error message says

"Background job not running proerly Function : J jobcount 12362601 status s

Please check the system. Use Transactions SM21, SM37, SM50 "

Appreciate your feed backs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rajendran

First of all please chek is there hung tp's..(if your OS is unix you can find using ps -ef |grep tp |grep TPPARAM).you can check it form os level.And try to execute RSTPTEST in se38(if it reported any error ther is problem with tp) .Also check entires in TRBAT and TRJOB using SE16 which are hanging for long time... if any entries you can manually remove them later try to re import the transport.

Regards..

S.Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for all your time and contribution. I managed to solve the problem by following manu suggestion.

your help is much appreciated.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran

Thanks

Best regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Rajendran,

Do one thing.

In Sm37 find how many TMS* jobs are active. Then at OS level find how many TP processes are running.Is the number same? Let us know.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the database "listner" is running / defunct.

Check for free space in tablespaces

Check for extends

Check if "tp" process is active on OS level

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mate,

Check the TP consistency at STMS. If the TP file or version on the server is not updated this problem occurs.

Some this the Tp.exe is corrupted and hence the best this is to update the kernal and TP again.

Cheers

Arun

Award points for helpful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran,

In the import monitor please check if you are finding any mutiple entires or entries other than the one for current import.

In that case please terminate all running TP processes,clean up import monitor,delete old TP log files and then restart the import.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have tried as suggested and cleaned up everything and re run the transport, but still the same. The transport struck at the import running car symbol.

Impor monitor log says import running . Looking at SM37 RDDIMPDP job process completed. No hold up of background jobs

Any clues