cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway service for .net connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying one scenario in which i am using SAP .NET RFC Server.

While creating TCP/IP RFC Destination in R/3 it is asking me for Gateway host and Gateway Service.

Can anybody please suggest me from where can i find Gateway service for .net rfc server?

Detailed explaination for all parameters will be very much helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Atul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The gateway host will be your server name/ip address of the server. You need to change the option register program name and give name for that in SM59 TCP/IP option. For Gateway service, the default value will come and keep the same.

You need to pass registered name, Gateway host and Gateway service as command line parameters for exe file which is build from .NET server.

Thanks & Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Thanks for your reply.

<b>"<i>For Gateway service, the default value will come and keep the same</i>"</b>

Plz explain this in detail. I am not able to find any defaut gateway service in SM59.

I have the IP of .net server and the Program id can be any string same should be maintained at .net server. plz correct me if i am wrong.

Also can u tell me how to register this service?

Regards,

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

You can give Gateway service as sapgw00. Are you able to see a place for entering Gateway host name and service name in SM59?

The Gateway host name will be your SAP server name/IP address.

I understand that ABAP program is going to call RFC(.NET Code logic) with destination from SAP. Dot Net code build based on this RFC and generated as exe from .NET. For that exe file you need pass three command line parameters.

for example,

<exefilename> –a<PROGID> -g<gw host server> -x<gatewayservice>

After you execute this exe file in your network, SM59 RFC destination should get connect successfully.

For calling RFC/BAPI from .NET application, you don't need to define RFC destinations in SM59.

Thanks & Regards,

Govind.

Message was edited by:

Govindaraju A