Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Fetch data from r/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to SAP

I have created one table according to the table we have in r/3, now I want to know how we store data and also want to fetch data from r/3. There are the use of BAPI, but I dont know how to use.

!!!!!!!!!!Points assured!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to transfer data between R/3 and MDM you can use one of a few different methods. Unfortunately you cannot use traditional ALE because MDM is a completely different architecture than R/3, and does not support ALE (hopefully it will in the future).

(1) But currently you can either integrate those two products using XI, if you choose to do that, you may want to check out a three part weblog series on a sample scenario of this:

<a href="/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication 1</a>, <a href="/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario 2</a>, <a href="/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2007/01/22/testing-and-monitoring-an-interface-between-mdm-xi 3</a>

(2) Or you can use the API's that SAP built for MDM. There is an ABAP API and a JAVA API. The ABAP API seems to have the most documentation. You can find documentation on the ABAP API here:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004121872006E

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/masterDataManagement

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, I assume you created the table in MDM.

To manually populate the table, you can use Data Manager of MDM.

To populate automatically you can use Import Manager, Import Server or Import Manager Batch.

You can have the source of various types like Excel, XML, MS-SQL, Database, Access etc...

To retrieve data out of R/3, you can use Outbound Idocs or BAPIs. But they have to be in XML output format.

To achieve this, you can use XI as the middleware.

XI has built in adapters which convert Idocs, RFC, Bapi to XML format.

Ex:

Idocs from Outbound ports of SAP are taken in by XI. Idoc adapter of XI converts the IDoc to XML.

You have to create ports in MDM, to achive automation.

The File Adapter in XI has to be configured to place the converted XML file in the ready folder of the MDM port.

Import Server has to be configured to poll the ready folder. This can be set at mdis.ini file.

You have to have a map in MDM to achive this.

The MDM MAP will bring in the data and update the MDM repository.

Hope this helps.