cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating repository . Defining tables, types.Configure admin nodes.!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

This is not my first question regarding MDM and for that, first of all I have appreciated the assistances and I want to thank all the experts who have answered me.

Testing all the functionalities of MDM we are implementing 2 tests.

A) Creating a repository structure with the following information:

Computer Hardware (No serie, manufacturer, speed, memory, user responsible) in order to eliminate the redundancy of the Master data of the computers in a department.

Could someone propose us an appropriate definition of this information?

1) Defining Main table, sub tables?

2) Type of table and fields?

3) Rules, strategies, assignment considering the field user responsible.

We will import /export this information in a CRM system .How do we have to configure the tables (Client systems, port, xml schema, roles, and users) of the admin node.

We are aware that when a new repository is created the table named Products is automatically created .Can we rename this table and add new fields in order to structure our information or do we have to create new main table or sub table?

B) Same questions in order to implement an other repository with the information (Id, name, phone, position) controlling the BP master data of a department.

Thanks a lot for the assistance !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan

A) The proposal for the repository structure could be decided based on the fields of the data source(Computer Hardware). The proposal here is of my assumption on the data in the source(Computer Hardware)

Main Table ('Products' by default)

Fields

1. No serie (Type - Text)

2. manufacturer(Type - Text, or Could be [lookup flat])

3. speed(Type - Text, or Could be [lookup flat])

4. Memory(Type - Text, or Could be [lookup flat])

5. User(lookup Flat)

By lookup flat i mean the 'sub tables'

Reason for type 'lookup flat' being that the data having a standard set of values, something like Memory having only 64,128,256,512,10244 as the options and meaning that the user creating a record can select only 1 value out of these

for configuration of clients and ports u could see the reference guide which provides all the info, U could also goto help.sap.com->netweaver2004s->sap mdm ->console

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

for how to do with the rules and strategies, You could go thro' the blog

/people/michael.reil/blog/2006/05/18/mdm-matching-strategies-for-master-data-consolidation

You can definitely change the Name of the Main Table. For this you have to click on the repository, then go to the 'Tables' pane, Click on 'Products' which is the main table. Goto the 'Table Detail' pane, and change the name. You can rename the fields and the subtables in the same way as i described above. You need not create any table from the scratch as u create a repository you would get the Standard Fields and its properties being set.

Hope this helps

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks

I am going to try it.

We were thinking about something similar and I think that it will work.

Thanks

Answers (0)