cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Java 7.00r2 - Page up/down keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I install new revision of SAP GUI for Java on my Linux workstation and I see one strange behavior (bug/feature?). I check it against revision 1. When I want to move ABAP list or table control by more pages using keyboard it doesn't work as expected. I'll explain it on examples.

transaction se16. Choose any table with more than 2 pages of records. Show records by pressing F8. Focus cursor to list and press Page Down on your keyboard. List shows 2nd page of records. Press Page Down again. Revision 1 shows next page of records, revision 2 does nothing. If I want to show next page, I have to click to any field of list and then Page down moves list to next page. It means that instead simply pressing Page down I have to click to list before every move.

It sems that list lost its focus during redrawing of screen. I've tried it with revision 1, but it seems that it works fine without dependency on field where is cursor located.

Similar problem is with se16n when I want to browse field list in a table control.

Does anybody know if it is possible to configure this behavior or how to return original one?

Thanks,

Pavel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

unfortunately rev 2 introduced an issue with key event handling when focus is inside a table control or an ABAP list.

We are currently working on this issue and will post a new version (including announcement in this forum).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rolf-Martin

thank you for your info. I'll return back to revision 1 now. My priority is to use keyboard for controling windows, so it is not solution to click to bar or icon.

Pavel

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

an additional workaround is to use function keys as defined in right mouse click menu:

Shift F9 first page

Shift F10 previous page

Shift F11 next page

Shift F12 last page

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

it is possible workaround, but not too comfortable. The solution will be to map Shift F11 to key Page down

But I'll try to learn my right hand to press shift-F11 instead of Page Down ... etc.

Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rolf-Martin,

unfortunately new revision doesn't solve PgUp/PgDn keys. Just one note to your help: Shift-F10 doesn't work. Right click offers me Shift-Ctrl-0, but it doesn't work. So I have no chance to return to previous page by keyboard. Any idea?

Thank you

Pavel

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

we are working on making paging by PgUp/PgDn keys available again, but providing a fix for the bug described in <a href="http://www.service.sap.com/%7Eform/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=1021621&_NLANG=E">note 1021621</a> was too urgent to wait for solving the paging issue.

Sorry for letting you wait...

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

is finally solving the issue with the page up/down keys.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rolf-Martin,

thank you, I'll try it now ... during this week.

Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rolf-Martin,

problem is really solved. Now I can use the latest version of GUI without problems.

Thank you,

Pavel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question has been answered, but problem has not been solved. I'll try new GUI version.