Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc to file scenario which involves accessing a persistant counter value

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently Iam dealing with an idoc to file scenario in which I need to map the idoc info and also a persistant counter value to a flat file. So in how many ways can we maintain a persistant counter value(either by variable/file/database)? Please can any one help me in overcoming this scenario by providing any implemented example.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the following links , you can use database is best.

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2006/10/25/how-to-check-jdbc-sql-query-syntax-and-verify-the-query-results-inside-a-user-defined-function-of-the-lookup-api

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/15/xi-rfc-mapping-lookups-from-bc-to-xi

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

/people/alexander.schuchman/blog/2005/09/29/ipc-customization--add-additional-subtotals-and-include-rebate-conditions

Regards

Chilla..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Store the counter value in a ABAP table and acess the same uing a RFC lookup and increment it when you make ther RFC call.

More on RFC Lookup in this blog,

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

actually I am doing java mapping and Im unaware of ABAP so instead of ABAP table I want to use the existing oracle database so how can I achieve this

Regards,

Shiva Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can use JDBC lookup for using Oracle database. Go thro this blog for the same:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

Regards,

P.Venkat