Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need URL for ITS to launch ITS Administrator Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have standalone ITS installed and we need to launch the ITS administrator tool to configure R/3 .

Can anybody provide the standard URL for the admin tool.I have tried it from Help links,but does not seems to work.it shows page can not be displayed.What could be the probable reasons for that?

Regards

Rani A

13 REPLIES 13

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rani

It should be http://server:port/scripts/wgate/admin/!

What URL are you trying?

Regards,

Désiré

0 Kudos

Same,but it gives "page can not be displayed".Why is it so?

I need to find out some xml and host files in which i can configure Ip address and port to configure R/3.Am i going in rite path?

Regards

Rani A

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rani,

By default the admin interface is disabled. You need to update the ItsDefault.xml file or the ItsRegistry<instance name>.xml file. An example is shown below from my ItsRegistryIT1.xml file :

<section name="IT1">

<key name="environment">

<value name="SNC_LIB" type="text">c:\windows\system32\sncgss32.dll</value>

</key>

<key name="Programs">

<key name="SAPDinf">

<value name="url" type="text">C:\Program Files\SAP\ITS\6.20\config\deviceinfo.xml</value>

</key>

<value name="Path" type="text">C:\Program Files\SAP\ITS\6.20</value>

<key name="AGate">

<value name="SapguiDebuggerPort" type="text">sapdp42</value>

<value name="AdminEnabled" type="text">1</value>

</key>

</key>

In above you will notice the AdminEnabled is set to 1. If you don't have a line such as this you need to add it.

There is also an AdminEnabled in ItsDefault.xml which applies to all instances defined.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

But where to find this file.?

The target for doing all this is,we want to configure ITS with R/3,so i need to configure IP address and port in ITS .

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the file on your ITS server - normally in the <itsdir>\config directory. The value of <itsdir> depends where you installed ITS on the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of values <itsdir> have?Is the path somewhere in C or D drive of the server.?

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rani

If the only thing you want to do is connecting the ITS instance to any R/3 system, you only need to edit the global.srvc service file and include some parameters to define this. In fact this parameters can be even added to the URL to connect to any system. For example:

.../scripts/wgate/webgui/!?systemname=DEV&messageserver=server.wdf.sap.corp&

logingroup=PUBLIC&appserver=&~systemnumber=

Regards,

Désiré

0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

Yes our main idea is to configure ITS for R/3 access.But I have many global.srvc files in different folders.

ex: D:\program files\SAP\ITS\6.20\ADM\services

D:\program files\SAP\ITS\6.20\PRD\services

which files needs to be changed.?

Other thing is you specified, we need to include some parameters to connect to R/3.what are those parameters?

Tim : I have made change you specified for adminenabled to 1.Do i need to restart for this.

Regards

rani A

0 Kudos

Yes, you need to restart.

Also, I think the global.srvc file you need to change will be in the instance directory for the instance you want to administer. It looks like you have an instance called ADM and one called PRD, each with their own directory structure for configuration.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Here goes the global.srvc file for PRD.

~appserver mycompanyasys

~client 300

~clientcert 0

~cookies 1

~designs sap_streamline

~exiturl

~hostsecure mycompany.com

~hostunsecure mycompany.com

~language

~login

~logingroup

~menu2002 1

~messageserver

~multiinstanceservices 1

~mysapcomusesso2cookie 1

~password

~portsecure 443

~portunsecure 85

~routestring

~runtimemode pm

~systemname PRD

~systemnumber 31

~theme 99

~timeout 60

~urlarchive /scripts/sapawl.dll

~urlimage /sap/its/graphics

~urlmime /sap/its/mimes

~usertimeout 24

~webgui_theme 2002

~xgateway sapdiag

~xgateways sapxgadm,sapdiag,sapxgwfc,sapxginet,sapxgbc,sapextauth

Kindly let me know what changes has to be done?

Regards

Rani A

0 Kudos

yep

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you have a global.srvc file for every instance of your ITS. As the instance you want to connect to the R/3 system is PRD, then modify the service file of this instance.

The ADM instance is not designed to connect to an R/3 system, but to administrate the ITS instances.

Regards,

Désiré

0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you.I will restart and see.

But what are the parameters I need to configure in global.srvc file for R/3.

Shall i paste this file here so that you can have a look at it.

Regards

Rani A