cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need Lookup in XI example and some documentation...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need simple example of LOOKUP in XI from scratch and some documentation on lookup... why its used? what is the advantages of look up ? In what situations its usefull? please send me the documentation to my mail id if any one have.....

my mail id..... <b>ravishankar_au@yahoo.com</b>

Thanks nad Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB-SYSTEM-NAME : Service name

DB-CHANNEL-NAME: Communication Channel Name which was created for JDBC Adapter.

Regards

Chilla..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<i>channel name is reciever JDBC adapter name which is configured in ID</i>......

This means Communication Channel Name ? if not tell me what is the configuration id.... i havent find any thing like configuration ID....

Please tell me

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is the Reciever JDBC Adapter name.

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the links

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2006/10/25/how-to-check-jdbc-sql-query-syntax-and-verify-the-query-results-inside-a-user-defined-function-of-the-lookup-api

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have gone through the above blogs

I got one doubt....

what is the DB System name and DB Channel Name in the following code....

channel = LookupService.getChannel("DB-SYSTEM-NAME","DB-CHANNEL-NAME");

Please help me

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>what is the DB System name and DB Channel Name in the following code....</i>DB System name is data base name which you want to communicate\look up and channel name is reciever JDBC adapter name which is configured in ID.

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If you want to use a DB lookup functionality, you need to create a separate JDBC communication channel of receiver type with QoS =BE.

Then while using lookup (Mapping or UDF) anywhere you need to specify the details of this channel

<i>channel = LookupService.getChannel("DB-SYSTEM-NAME","DB-CHANNEL-NAME");</i>

and specify DB-SYSTEM-NAME as the database where your lookup tables are residing

and DB-CHANNEL-NAME as the JDBC channel you created above.

Bipin

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look at these blogs on lookups;

DB lookup - /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

SOAP Lookup - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Lookup - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Also read thru this to get more idea on lookups - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm