Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JRA and NW04 ?

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have read a lot of threads in this forum regarding the Java Resource Adapter and how to JNDI lookup a connection factory. Unfortunately, none of them seemed to answer the following simple question.

On WAS 6.20 I implemented the following to get an appropriate object for R/3 communication:

• START ***

Hashtable env = null;

ctx = new com.sapportals.portal.prt.jndisupport.InitialContext(env);

// perform JNDI lookup to get the connection factory

cf = (IConnectionFactory) ctx.lookup("EISConnections/SAPFactory");

// retrieve the ConnectionSpec and set the values

spec = cf.getConnectionSpec();

// set properties

spec.setPropertyValue(...);

ic = cf.getConnectionEx(spec);

• END ***

On WAS 6.40, however, I can't find a way to implement the same functionality without coding my own resource adapter!

The main problem is how to retrieve an appropriate ConnectionFactory, ConnectionSpecImpl() and Connection that provides the same methods as IConnectionFactory, IConnectionSpec, and IConnection. By the way, I have already tried "deployedAdapters/SAPFactory/shareable/SAPFactory" in vain.

Is there an equally simple way to implement the above describe functionality on WAS 6.40?

Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elvez,

the jndi name has changed. Please see Note 820857 for details.

<b>EISConnections/SAPFactory -> deployedAdapters/SAPFactory/shareable/SAPFactory</b>

And it needs to be typed exact as SystemType.

<b>spec.setPropertyValue("SystemType", "SAP_R3");</b>

spec.setPropertyValue("ashost", "xxxxxxxx");

spec.setPropertyValue("sysnr", "00");

Thanks & regards

Kim Jae-in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm intereseted in doing something similar. The difference is my WAS6.40 instance where I am to deploy my web application does not have the enterprise portal deployed on it.

In the example codes that I've read that use JRA, they all depend on the com.sapportal... package. Is there a way to leverage JRA without the portal libraries?

Thanks & Regards

Jaime

Former Member