cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Errors from Import Server on Schema-based maps for repeating nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already posted one thread about this, but perhaps some more in-depth information is required:

We have uploaded our schema into the console, and have mapped the following multi-node file to it:

CUSTOMER <repeating node>
  MDM_CUST (new Customer number returned)
  CUSTOMER(mapped back from XI for RECORD MATCHING)
  CREATE_DATE (text field)

CONTACT<repeating node>
    CONTACT_NO (RECORD MATCHING : NON-QUALIFIER)
    CONTACT_SAP_NO (QUALIFIER)

[NOTE: There are other qualifers for CONTACT, but only this one 
qualifier is being returned and is the only field that would and should be updated. 
The other fields should be left alone. However, it appears to overwrite EVERYthing 
with NULL other than these two fields. The CONTACT_NO is the sole qualifer on 
the table. It is a calculated field that equals the Auto-ID that is also produced on 
the table - but obviously not mapped.]

PARTNER<repeating node>
    CUSTOMER_NO (RECORD MATCHING : NON-QUALIFER)
    PARTNER_FUNC (NON-QUALIFIER - Code given to lookup from PARTNER_FUNCTION table which has Code and Desc)
    PARTNER_NO	(NON-QUALIFIER)
    DEFAULT_PARTNER_FLAG (QUALIFIER)

<CLOSE CUSTOMER NODE>

In the Customer main table, all records are matched on CUSTOMER. The CONTACT_NO non-qualifer is matched to the CONTACT qualified lookup table directly since it is the only available non-qualifier. For the PARTNER table, the three qualifiers are mapped and then a compound field is created to map to the PARTNER table entry.

We have the Configurations set at:

Default Multi-Valued Update: Replace

Default Qualified Update: Replace

Default Matching Qualifiers: None

Our record matching is: Create / Update(ALL MAPPED FIELDS) / Update(ALL MAPPED FIELDS)

When the map is reused, the repeating nodes are all recognized, be it one node or many. However, when the map is reused, it does not automatically map the values for many of the Partner fields (nor the compound field) though the fields are correctly mapped.

Also, when we attempt to use Import Server to automate the mapping, we use the mdis.ini set to

Automap Unmapped Value=True

Unmapped Value Handling=Add

Always Use Unmapped Value Handling=False

We get a very strange error saying that :

[code]Encountered a pre-SP4 map. The map needs to be upgraded to SP4.

Solution: Please, Launch the Import Manager GUI using the same source file and simply save the map.[code]

Could it be that our MDM 5.5 SP4 is not compatible with schemas generated with XI v.7 SP9?

All of our MDM is 5.5 SP4. It makes no sense that we would get THIS kind of error. Also, I am questioning our combination of these and other configurations since it doesn't always seem to do what it should

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

this sounds good so far. Just a short hint: you've set "Default Qualified Update: Replace". This explains why Import server "appears to overwrite EVERYthing

with NULL other than these two fields.". The reason is the replace. A replace means that the old values are completely deleted and only the new incoming ones are stored. I'd suggest to use any of the Update possibilities.

Note: the definitions you set in in the record matching step are mainly for the new records in the main table! Records in qualified look ups are handled differently! If you open your map in Import Manager, switch to tab "Map Fields/Values". Select a field that is your non qualifier. Right-Click on it and choose "Set qualified update" from the context menu. Now you can define which qualifiers can be used for the qualified look up matching. And you can define as well what should happen with new and/or existing records.

Regarding the value mapping: do you use keymapping? Or do you use simple values only? Do you save the map everytime you add a new value mapping?

Regarding the issue "Encountered a pre-SP4 map. The map needs to be upgraded to SP4. Solution: Please, Launch the Import Manager GUI using the same source file and simply save the map". This sounds very likely like a bug in MDIS and should be reported to SAP!

Hope that helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thank you very much for your help. It took us some more work to fully grasp the concept, but we finally got a combination that works right.

As for my value mapping, I am hoping that when it does automate, it will follow the configurations and ADD unmapped values. As it is, when I run the map manually, it asks for value mapping and simply hitting "ADD" or "AUTOMAP" works.

Of course, now we're still facing the ghost of that crazy error message, which we have sent a bug fix request (and have yet to hear back on). If we can't get it to automate, then this is an exercise in futility. As a backup, we're trying to get our ImportManagerBatch to run. You don't know any good .ini files for xml files mapped to a schema, do you?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

you're welcome.

From my point of view the error with the import server is a major impact on using the Import Server. I think that devlopment is working hard on this issue and sould fix it soon.

I'm sorry, I cannot help you with the Import Manager Batch. To be honest, I've nerver used it yet.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

An update on this issue:

We upgraded our MDM 5.5 SP4 Patch 2 on our 32-bit system bringing the build up to build 5.5.34.26. This resolved the strange error about "map [being] pre-SP4". Now, however, it is telling us that the source file does not conform to the schema (though it has been validated). A new thread will be opened for this new issue.

Thank you.

Don