Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete data flow from sender to reciever in detail

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam new to this wonderful forum and even to XI, I have got basic knowledge of XI and as I want to expertise in XI I want to know the XI working in detail. Please can anyone help me in providing info regarding the complete data/idoc flow from sender to receiver and vice versa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Go through this blog By Siva

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the inputs

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem Analysis guide will be helpful for you in IDoc scenario.

Link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/397c819b3d30d9e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rao.M

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva

It depends on the scenario to be configured. As a quick jump start condier the file-File scenario:

1. Create a data type and message type

2. Create one inbound and outbopund interface

3. create a mapping program (graphical) which maps the source and target data

4. create a interface mapping where u will sepcify the source interface and target interface with the mapping program seleted.

5. Activate this ends the steps in IR.

In ID

1. Create a BS and have 2 communication chennels configured one for sender and one for recevier.

2. In the recevier determ,ination select the source interface and receiver service.

3. For interface determinationj select the interface and the maping program cereated in IR.

4. Create the sender agreement and activagte the interface.

Pls refer to the link for mroe info on the same.

<a href="/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File Scenario</a>

thks

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adapter Engine -- Integration Engine(Pipeline steps) -- Adapter Engine --- This is the basic flow in all XI scenarios.

Business process engine comes into picture if there is a BPM involved.

You can go thro the following help link for detailed architecture.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/content.htm

search in SDN with 'Pipeline steps', you will get lot of useful details on the flow of scenarios.

Regards,

P.Venkat