cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic growing text field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all:

see, i´m working with an webdynpro app that contains an adobe form. This adobe form has a text field were the user will input some information. I would like to configure the text field so that, according to the text that the user enters, this text field grow dynamically, instead of giving a static size to it. I saw a blog were they posted a solution, but i try it and didn´t work :S , can somebody give me some help in this?

thanxs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all again:

sorry i didnt tell you before, but im working directly with Sap Netweaver Developer Studio; a make a test with the Adobe Designer and it works perfectly; now the problem is that i follow the steps that you have gave me and also at /people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2006/03/01/growing-rich-text-fields-in-adobe-interactive-forms, but i dont get the same results. what i was thinking is that there´s a step that i cant do it directly in the SN developer studio and is the one that you have to save the documents as Adobe XML Form File - XDP. Can that be the reason? or the adobe forms on a webdynpro app are XDP as default?,

please give me your comments,

Thanxs for the help,

Cesar R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all:

i´m really confused with this issue; i have seen your comments and followed them in details, but i still dont get what i´m looking for; i really dont know were is my mistake. What i have noticed is that with those configurations, i get a dynamic textfield but it only works if i send data through a node or the default value itself; but not during the time that the user enter data :S, can somebody give me one more comment or send me a test project to see how it works (c.rodriguezguevara@gmail.com), i will appreciate it A LOT,

thnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to remind -

In the Adobedesigner -> layout pallette of the respective text field -> do make sure that you have checked the 'Expand to height' option. and all the subforms wrapping it are of type flowed content.

Hope you have already done this.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anto:

yes i already did this but when i input text, it just don´t displays all the text; instead it puts the ¨plus¨ sign indicating that there is more text....

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check the allow page break option in the object pallette for all flowed content subforms including body page. (as required)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that field wraped by any subform, if so, check expand to height.

pavan meda