cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telnet via SAProuter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

SAP have the ability to telnet, RDP, use DBMGui ..etc.. via SAProuter to connect to our/your SAP systems to provide remote support. We would also like to be able to telnet to one of our SAP UNIX boxes via SAProuter.

eg Telnet client --> SAProuter ---> SAP Unix Server

Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shaun,

you will have top modify your saprouttab to explicitely allow a connection to the telnet port. As this is also used to connect to customer systems via telnet, you might find <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/37001">note 37001</a> helpful. You will have to adjust this to your landscape.

Best Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

We already have the telnet port/service connection details setup for SAP support to telnet to our UNIX servers. Thats not the issue here.

I want my basis team to be able to also telnet via our saprouters to connect to our unix servers also.

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shaun,

the problem is that you will have to tell the saprouter which route to use, as there is no way to set up a static route for incoming connections on the telnet port. SAP does this itself by first sending the route and then switching over to the telnet client, once the route has been established. Since this wrapper is not published by SAP, you can not achieve the connect with saprouter.

Regards,

Tim

carsten_promper
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Shaun,

I have the same problem. See message "

I think, SAP don't want to give this program (tools) to the community. As you know they connect also with RDP, PC-Anywhere and Netmeeting via SAPRouter.

Either they have special compiled versions of this software (with NI-Layer support) or they use another method to connect via SAPRouter.

Best regards

Carsten Promper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Agreed. I don't believe SAP have an interest in allowing customers to utilise the full funcationallity of the SAProuter for themselves.

The last SAP course I was on we actually discussed this with our training who informed me that SAP don't use any additional special tools, but do have "wrapper" scripts for all the different tools (telnet, RDP, netmeeting ..etc..)

Most likely calls some utility that can redirect the traffic generated from the different telnet/RDP programs via a dedicated ip/port.... at a guess.

We neally convinced him to give us a copy, but he never delivered the goods.

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Telnet via sap router is not possible.You have to use Network router for the same.

You need n/w router to link two networks.Then you need saprouter to access sap system in that different network.

Do not forget to reward points:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

You say that telnet via SAPRouter is not possible, yet SAP support do exactly that when telneting into our Unix servers.

Ideally I would like someone who has done this to answer the thread, or a SAP employee who uses the different remote support tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun

Thats right sap people access your systems for support but then they also have some n/w router also.Just by only using sap router its not possible.

Check with ur n/w team for more clarification.We have the same scenario in our company.I checked with my n/w team also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I can assure you that SAProuter can do this.

Our SAPRouter connects to SAPSERV2 (SNC) from a little server we have sitting on our DMZ. We do not use any form of n/w router to enable SAP support to access our DMZ server. Thus why we use the SNC (internet) connection option for our SAP support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Create the subdirectory saprouter in the directory /usr/sap/.

2. Get the latest version of the SAProuter from the SAP Service Marketplace (service.sap.com/patches). Choose Support Packages and Patches ® Entry by Application Group ® Additional Components ® SAPROUTER. The SAProuter is in packet saprouter*.SAR; the program niping is also in this packet. Copy programs saprouter and niping to the newly created directory /usr/sap/saprouter.

If you cannot copy the programs from SAP Service Marketplace, you can copy a version (may be obsolete) from your directory /usr/sap//SYS/exe/run/startsap:

#

1. Start saprouter

#

SRDIR=/usr/sap/saprouter

if ; then

echo “

Starting saprouter Daemon “ | tee -a $LOGFILE

echo “----

-

“ | tee -a $LOGFILE

$SRDIR/saprouter -r -R $SRDIR/saprouttab

| tee -a $LOGFILE &

fi

Insert the lines before the commands to start the SAP instance.

Normally the SAProuter runs on a different computer. If this is so, this step is omitted and you start the SAProuter as described in Starting the SAProuter.

4. Maintain the route permission table in directory /usr/sap/saprouter. If you want to keep it in another directory or under a name other than saprouttab, you must specify this with the SAProuter option -R (see Option R ).

For more details check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/4f/992d91446d11d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

To set up a connection using TELNET and working on it please check the link for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/a2/6052bb98033c4dbef5df04f68b0c7e/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/26/95563cda79d734e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Reward points if found useful