Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Alerts are not getting triggered

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

All Xperts,

I am having a problem with setting up alerts in our PI 7.0 SP 09 (2004s) environment.

Alerts are not getting triggered for some reason, I am not sure what is the best way to troubleshoot (I had configured alerts successfully on older version of XI 3.0 sp13) but in this new installation I am not sure where to start the troubleshooting.

As per my understanding we don't have to do anything regarding the alert config except creating rules and categories (I mean we used to schedule a backgorund job now its no longer required...).

Michel's Troubleshooting steps were very useful but those are not applicable to new instance. Please let me know if you have already worked on PI 7.0 SP 09 please share your experiences.

I noticed some unusual message in RWB - Component Monitoring ->click Display I am getting this message "Central CCMS monitor not available"? do you think this is the problem for alerts are not working?

Thanks,

Laxman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the user subscription to the fixed receipts, it means open your alertcategory and click on fixed receipt..button and add your user.I think this will solve.

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman,

Try this SAP Note

879317 - No CCMS alert for RWB alert categories in XI alert monitor

Bipin

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this Blog-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Also it has SAP note to look into that.

Regards,

moorthy

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I am familier with Michal's weblogs, I used above specified link in XI 3.0 SP 13 but this is no longer exactly applicable to PI 7.0 Sp 09.

Based on what SAP say's we don't have to do any config for alerts like what ever we used to do before, like we don't need to do step1 - SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET etc.

thanks,

Laxman

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, but did you check the SAP note mentioned over the blog.. You can check other steps, mentioned

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman -

Note 913858 gives you some troubleshooting tips like using reports RSALERTTEST and RSALERTDISP to test your alerts. Since you're using NW04s SP09, the section labeled <i>SP14 and Beyond</i> (which is for NW04) would be applicable to you.

Regards,

Jin

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for your quick responses, Yes I have checked all the notes specified in that weblog. Also I went through all other notes related to Alerts. I have even tested test alerts using RSALERTTEST that works fine too.

Earlier I used to run the program SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET in a debug mode that to troubleshoot but I think its no longer works for new release.

Please let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Thanks,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you're on SP09 of NW04s (basically SP18 of NW04), you should be ok for the "SP14 and beyond" items. Just couple of things to double check:

1. Are you suppressing the alerts you're looking for - checkbox "Suppress Multiple Alerts for this rule". If this is checked, the you (or one of the recipients) would need to confirm this in order for a new alert to be triggered. Or maybe you can temporarily try unchecking it.

2. Is the alert based on fixed recipients and/or subscription based. If it's only subscripton based, make sure you are subscribed to it so that you can see it in your alert inbox.

Regards,

Jin

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Thanks for reply,

answer to your 1st question.

>>> I have un checked the check box

2nd question

>>> I am using fixed recepeint.

based on these I guess I should still be fine right?

thanks,

Laxman

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you refer SAP note- 913858- question 6.

Hope this helps

Regards,

moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laxman,

Like pointed by Moorthy check note : 913858.

You will find a question that deals with Alerts not triggering and asking you to check foir dumps in St22,. Make the user id as * and check if there is a dump in st22.

Regenerate the roles of your XIRWBUSER and check if alerts are triggered as well.

Regards

Bhavesh