Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Req Authorization for Account Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ME51N and various other purchasing screens there is an account assignment field that classified purchase reqs or orders. Our business wants to restrict certain users from being able to create network account type purchase reqs.

I've done preliminary traces and found nothing that checks this. Is there some user exit or config that can be done?

"because we don't want anyone to be able to create a capital purchase order directly without reading in a requisition that was generated via cj20n."

Thanks

Valerie

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try with the using of transaction and screen variants. Transaction is SHD0.

more info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/7d/f63a0d015111d396480000e82de14a/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Praveen,

I don't see how variants restrict the authorization to change the screen to Network if the user wanted?

Sujeet,

Our developers will be trying this, I'll let you know if they think this is an option. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valerie,

Not the exact solution, but could provide another option.

Would it not work if you activate the G/L account authorisation check for purchase requisitions? Since if you look at the account assignment category Network, the GL account is a mandatory entry. Therefore by activating the G/L account auth check, then every time the account is entered the system checks whether the user has the posting authorization for the specified account.

In SPRO - Materials Management > Purchasing > Purchase Requisition > Set Up Authorization Check for G/L Accounts

Not sure if this helps.

Regards

Sujeet