cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File is being truncated by Sender File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My input file is very wide. It has got 175 fields and is around 4000+ char wide. When file adapter loads it, the inbound payload does not contain all the fields (i.e. it is being truncated). Any idea that how can I load this too wide file!

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dehra,

<i>Firstly, the number of records in your file is not a problem at all. Your limitation is the length of one record. See question 3 in note 545923. It says that your transfer structure cannot be more that 1962 bytes including the system fields.

Now to calculate how many fields will fit into 1962 bytes. For this, take the first field. If the infoobject is defined as CHAR 9 then it is 9 bytes, a key-figure is 10 bytes most of the time. So add up. Remember even if in your flat file there are 2 chars but it is mapped into a char 9 field, it still counts as char 9. I don't think number of columns is a factor.

You can split your file into multiple files of 1962 bytes size but keeping the unique key of the records common across all the files. So that you can merge then in an ODS maybe. Again remember that fields like request number, date packet number, partition ID and record number has to be there in every PSA and a part of the 1962 limit.</i>

Information shared by Somnath Kumar in

This might help you to solve your problem

thanks,

pooja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dehra,

It should not be a problem. If you are unable to get last columns which are spaces then you specify you endseparator in hexadecimal notation like '0x0D''0x0A'.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The left oot colums have got data, so this is a problem. I even tried to load the whole file-line into one field, but in that case it was truncated are 999.

I tried endSeparater '0x0D' but no success.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it flat file? fixed or csv file? how did you give your content conversion?

normally it should not truncate, may be its getting some end of line character some where. check that once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File has got 174 fields, separated by semi-colon. I defined the parameters as:

line.fieldSeparator ;

line.endSeparator 'nl'

line.fieldNames all 174 field names separated by , (too long to paste here)

Former Member
0 Kudos

content conversion looks ok. Just try in hexadecimal as satish specified.