cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import XI 3.0 Components from other XI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

New XI Installation was done in the system with Service Pack 14.

In the team, we had exported all our components in other XI system where we had used earlier (which was with Service Pack 9). Now we want to use all these exported components in the New XI system with SP 14.

Now I would like to import my component (example My_Test_Component which was exported in Service Pack 9 XI system) in the New XI system with Service Pack 14.

I logged into Integration Repository and tried with Tools --> Import Design Objects. I could not able to proceed further, regarding the import of those components (which are from Service Pack 9) to new XI system.

Or

Should I copy those exported .TPZ files into New XI system?

Could some one help me, how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no compatibility issues between XI with SP9 and XI with SP 14. You should be able to import them into your new XI system.

Try to copy this .tpz files to your new XI system, that will definitely work

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

Thank you for your reply.

Now I am able to import my Components.

..Sree

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

After exporting it saves as .tpz file in your export directory of your old system. So go to that location and copy that to the import directory of your new system. Then you click on Tools --> Import Design Objects --> Select your file and activate all of them.

Before doing this you should have to create the same software component in your new system as in your old system.

Hope this helps........

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Thank you for your explanation. Now it is working fine with Importing the Components. Points rewarded.

..Sree