Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating composite profiles

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

To avoid the 311-profiles per user limit we would like to create composite profiles for composite roles.

Is there a function module or bapi that can be used to create composite profiles? If there is not, what do you think is the best way to go aboutr creating composite profiles in the background?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

the best way to do this in the background is by CATT

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

the best way to do this in the background is by CATT

0 Kudos

When trying to do that, I get an error saying Automated Test cases can no longer be made when the release is higher than 6.40. (our system is SAP ECC 6.0)

I tried to use SECATT and SHDB, but they both fail when activating the composite profile.

We succeeded in doing this in SHDB (batch input) on previous releases, but when using that batch-input, we also get a dump now on the activation screen.

Has anyone succeeded in automatically creating composite profiles in a release higher than 6.40?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dries,

Which Version of SAP r u on... can u explain what u meant by Composite profiles as i am confused..is it a Composite role that u r referring...

Thanks,,,

Br,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dries,

Which Version of SAP r u on... can u explain what u meant by Composite profiles as i am confused..is it a Composite role that u r referring...

Thanks,,,

Br,

Sri

0 Kudos

Sri,

the SAP version is SAP ECC 6.0 .

I don't mean composite roles, I mean composite profiles.

More info can be found on help.sap.com : <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/EN/52/6715bc439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm">Simple and composite profiles</a>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dries,

Following are the steps to create a composite profile:

To create or maintain a composite profile, choose User maintenance ® Manual Maintenance ® Edit profile manually.

or

Use transaction

SU02

Then proceed as follows:

1)Generate a work area (profile list) by choosing

Generate work area

, or entering the name of the composite profile you want to create or maintain.

2)The system displays a list of profiles. This list is empty when you create a composite profile.

3)Choose Create, Change, Delete or Copy.

If you choose Create, you should then choose the profile type Composite profile in the dialog box.

From the list of profiles, choose the name of the single or composite profile to be included in the composite profile using Add profile. To do this, use the pushbutton, Add profile.

You can add a virtually unlimited number of profiles to a composite profile.

When creating composite profiles, you can enter profiles that have not yet been created or activated. However, you must create and activate the missing profile(s) before you can activate the composite profile.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

The question I was asking is "how do you create a composite profile <b>in the background?</b>".

So basically I am looking for a way to do the steps you mention without user interaction. This used to be possible via Batch Input, but in the current release the batch input dumps on activation of the profiles.

0 Kudos

Hi,

From version 6.4 its recommended to use ECATT and not CATT for creating scripts.

Try creating the ECATT script using Transaction SECATT.

But its little tedious so it would be better to take the help of one who has already created a few.

The steps to be followed are:

Create System Data Container (Optional)

Test Script - record the steps and define the parameters

Test Data - make those parameters a part of the upload/download file from where the values can be maintained and uploaded.

Test Configuration - establishing the necessary inputs (like the input test script, test data, upload file)

and then execute.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

As I mentioned in my post from yesterday "I tried to use SECATT and SHDB, but they both fail when activating the composite profile."

When pressing activate, a screen is shown with two alv grids containing the profiles. When pressing activate button on that screen, a dump occurs and I find myself back in secatt, which has not recorded the activation step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more option i would like to suggest here dont know if it will suite your purpose:

Create one Roll/Profile.

Go to Change Authorization

Go to the edit tab

Goto Insert authorization

In this way u can create a single profile which will have all the authorizations of the 311 profiles.

Hope this resolves your querry.

Dont forget to award if resolved

Regards

0 Kudos

"Automated Test cases can no longer be made when the release is higher than 6.40. (our system is SAP ECC 6.0)"...try using SCEM transaction to create a test case.

0 Kudos

SCEM works very similar to CATT in the 4.X SAP systems.