cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Growth after PRD - QAS copy. I need help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forum

We are running 46C on 2 Iseries. Our PRD is running on an 830 V5R1M0 and our DEV and QAS instances run on a 270 again running V5R1M0.

A few weeks ago we did a copy of PRD back to QAS. Before this we added disk to make sure there was enough space on the machine. Straight after the copy the % system ASP used, of our Total Aux STG of 456G from (WRKSYSSTS) was 68%. Now a few week later the machine is running at 89% and I dont know why. None of the SAP tables are growing at the rate I am seeing, and the IFS looks to be fairly steady. I am seeing the machine grow by about 0.5 - 1% a day. I have deleted SQLPKG and deleted some large PF and done a RGZPFM but cant seem to get the machine to stay at an acceptable %

Any help would be very much appreciated.

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a client with a situation where a database copy had hit 100% and crashed the system. There was a lot of diskspace used that was not visible after the system restarted. We ran RCLSTG over a weekend and the phantom space returned.

Hope this helps

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps command GO DISKTASKS and options 1 and 2 of the menu, it would help you to identify which objects has grown

Regards

Eduardo

dorothea_stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check sizes of other iSeries objects, in particular tables or data areas, as well? - Maybe you got a trace/auditing tool running in the background that you are not aware of. (I'd try a DSPOBJD into an outfile and sort by size. Or even do that two times with one day in between and compare the difference in size (using SQL).)

Another idea: I do not believe this would be nearly as dramatic, but did you check objects in R3<sid>400? If you run SAP with the database monitor (as4/dbmon/enable = 1) on, it contains the output.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Dorothea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan / Teddy

Thanks for your help. With regards to the JRN's we save them periodically through the day and then delete them just before we go home, so not many objects in R3<SID>JRN.

We generally stop/start SAP once a week when we IPL the machine.

I think there may be something else going on that's not apparent??????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to see the behaviour after DLTR3PKG in all SAP systems on this box and a screenshot of WRKDSKSTS ....

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut.gmbh

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

teddylv_andersen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Is it the size of your TEMP STORAGE that is growing?

Quick workaround would be more frequent STOP/START of the SAP system, since this releases the temp storage.

In long term it might be a PTF that solves this problem, on our V5R3M0 it was.

Br,

Teddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Have you got a high number of journal receivers on the system in library R3<SID>JRN? It sounds like you may not have any form of journal management.

Regards,

Dan