Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA with Barcodes and RFID

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

is there any possibility to react on BarcodeScanning or RFIDScanning in WDA on a mobile device?

Especially on a Psion Teklogix with windows CE?

regards

aksel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the answer in the <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/HardwareandSoftware#HardwareandSoftware-9.100">WDA Wiki</a>

Regards, Heidi

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

thx Heidi,

but WDA is working on Windows CE.

WDJ is not an alternative -> clients request for ABAP.

Has anyone suggestions on that?

aksel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aksel,

as you have mentioned WDA is not supported for mobile devices like Windows CE. So there is also at the moment no possibility to use mobile RFID/Barcode from WDA. For integrating RFID/barcodes into SAP applications you have to use the mobile development infrastructure.For a online solution you can use a mobile WDJ application with the mobile add-on libary for RFID and Barcode scanning.

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/6b/cdf740c42f8566e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm).

If you want to scan via offline Application you can use the Mobile Infrastructure and the periphal driver framework for RFID or barcode scanners.For an introduction on peripheral support in MI, check Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/nw-mobile > Mobile Infrastructure > Mobile Infrastructure in Detail > Device Driver Framework. Expecially for Psion Teklogix( Netpad) i know that there is a MRI realized for Mobile Asset Management. Perhaps have a look at this thread for this:

But you can't integrate this MRI in a WDA application.

Another alternative is using sapconsole(GUI screens).For that please refer to the mobile or RFID forum.

Regards

Frank

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

thx for your replies,

the problem is that there is no other way than WDA.

I think of a workaround, like reading the RFID-tag into a string (inputfield) and then processing the input with an action-button.

The barcode-scanner works already: the read barcode appears in the input-field and can be processed. The only thing thats not so good is that i cannot use an eventhandling on scanning, but thats no real problem.

perhaps has anyone an idea on that workaround for getting the RFID-Data?

regards

aksel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aksel,

perhaps you can do your "backdoor"-barcode solution also for RFID.

For example Socketcom delivers a Software with their Compact-Flash RFID Reader for Pocket PC which reads the tag and puts the information in an input field.(its something like simulating a keyboard during the scan). I can't describe it better because socketcom webside is down at the moment and i only noticed this some month ago on their homepage. Here is the link to socket's webpage.Perhaps you have more luck: http://www.socketcom.com/product/datacollection/plugin/series6/

But you will still have the problem that you can not use an eventhandling on RFID Scan and you have to set the focus in the input field manually. Did your WDA application work on a Windows CE system with Pocket IE? I tested it without having success...Or have to choosen a Psion devices with an full windows OS(like Tablet PC)?

Frank

Message was edited by:

Frank Brackmann

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

thx,

i think the socketcom solutions is something like that barcode tool that i use.

i use the windows CE version 4.2 that has got an IE that can render IE 6.0 and WDA works fine.

now i know that there something that does RFID2InputField, thx much for that

i think i must cope with this "backdoor"

regards

aksel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aksel,

please let me know if your "backdoor"-solution is working.RFID with WDA sounds very interesting- Also that WDA is working on WIN CE 4.2 is good to know. Thx!! I will try to render WDA on windows mobile 2003 PIE also via backdoor by

installing IETOOLS from microsoft webside to my Pocket IE to enable the missing JScript. Hope WDA will work than on my mobile devices;-)

Socketscom side is online now: Here is the direkt link too the data sheet and the Socketcom-Scan software:

http://www.socketcom.com/pdf/data_collection/RF5405-632_ds.pdf

Socket Scan software converts data from selected tag-id and the data from selected memory blocks into virtual keystroke.

Windows applications tread the data as if it were typed manually.So its nearly the same way as you realized for barcode.

Good Luck.

Frank

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 Other alternatives to consider/trial.

a) BSP

b) simple custom service in SICF.

regards

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aksel.

What kind of Event Handling do you need?

Psion has a configuration tool to append carriage returns to the barcode in order to

trigger an auto submit after scanning. But I am not sure whether this is what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Sascha

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx Sascha,

thats something to follow up.

Regards

aksel