cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safegaurd User master Data during a System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a 3 system landscape and we are planning to have a system copy from PRD to QTY. Can any one suggest me the available options for safegaurding my User Master Data and retain it back as it is... What is the best practice methods that can be done in this scenario.

Points gauranteed...

Br,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Frankly SAP

Client export with profile SAP_USER is an option certainly and perhaps is a more wholistic approach when compared to the one I have suggested.Yes client export has to be done with a target but you dont need to bother about that coz unless you import the transports and subsequently you do client import no changes are gonna get imported.

Space occupied will depend on the amount of data.And in SCC8 you can use test run option to find this amount.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I am unable to check the Test Run option in SCC8. Its not available.... also is it that, if i export the user masters to an empty client in DEV and then import it back, will that be a good option....

Br,

Sri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Raghu

you are 100% correct about the profiles of the users, they will differ from PRD to QTY nothing to worry, you not only needs to preserve a User master record you also need to preserve user profile authorization. For the sap version 4.7/6.X it does not require if your version is below 4.7 need to preserve the following tables. ( create a transport request with the tables given below) Make sure that entire table is selected while creating transport request

USR10

USR11

USR12

USR13

and import the tp once copy completed successfully...Sure it's going to solve your problem :=)

once transport release please make sure that it is properly created.

Regards..

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

1. Export the User master of the Quality system (transaction: SCC8)

(Cross check: The cofiles, data files & log of the user master export)

The user export won't take much space, you can monitor the creation of export datafile in the transport directory.

The transport request is released automatically hance you are not required to release the request

2. Refresh the Quality system

3. Import the User master of quality system. (exported in step 1)

Caution note:

Though it is NOT related to you question, I would like to caution you.

Incase you are refreshing the Quality approval system, make sure you have also expoted the quality approval tables from the Quality system.

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

User master data will get copied from source system during system copy. However if you want to protect this then I would suggest an unconventional way. In case you have CUA then before system copy you need to discontinue CUA.

After this make a transport of all the roles along with user assignment. Include this transport in a transport of copies and release it with a target though please dont import it in the target system.

After system copy is done follow the following proceedure.

Delete all role assignments that the users have.

You can make a CATT tool for this.

Once user deletion is done import the role tranport with user assignments.

Now reset CUA and do SCUG activities.

Hope it helps.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for the Inputs. Also i am looking for any standard procedure ( If Any) in such cases. My doubt was, in a 3 system landscape, the PRD roles of users are not the same as in QTY. Our team has Consultant profiles in QTY and Display Profiles in PRD.

So in this copy, all the PRD profiles would get copied and hence the anamoly starts.. So i was looking for some standard procedures which can be applied in this small landscape and i am sure SAP must have had a way for this.

Client Export wit SAP_USER can be an Option, but it has to be done to some target system. Is there any way to find out how the client export with SAP_USER can be done and the space it takes up... Inputs in that direction can also be very helpful.

Br,

Sri