Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Java 7.00 rev 2 Control error on Mac OS X 10.4.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rolf-Martin,

I'm a newbie in the macworld.

I use SAP GUI for Java 7.00 rev 2 with Java VM: Apple Computer, Inc. Version 1.5.0_06-68 on Mac OS X 10.4.8.

Logon language: EN; HU

Backend: R/3 Release 4.6C(4.6C) and SAP R/3 Enterprise(6.20)

Unicode: off

Codepage: 1401

I have the following problem with the GUI:

1. SAP can't display the menu

2. When I started SE38 transaction the result is a runtime error, with the following message:

Short text of error message:

Termination Due to Control Error

Long text of error message:

Technical information about the message:

Message classe...... "ED"

Number.............. 200

3. When I started SE80 transaction the result is the same.

4. etc...

Please help me, how I can correct these errors.

Best regards

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

the information about the logon language and backend codepage makes me think that following is causing the problem:

SAP GUI (for Java and for Windows) include conversion tables between various codepages for the "most common" combinations. With the backend however using SAP codepage 1401 for Latin-2, SAP GUI requires so-called codepage files for the appropriate backend and frontend codepage combination.

Please have a look at <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/550564">note 550564</a> and from there <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/53665">note 53665</a> for details on how to find out which combination you need, how to generate these files and how to make them available to SAP GUI for Java (setting PATH_TO_CODEPAGE required).

Since you want to use HU as language on a Mac and your backend runs SAP codepage 1401 I expect that you need to generate 14011408.CDP and 14081401.CDP, transfer them to your Mac and configure your environment there to make SAP GUI for Java to use them.

After launching SAP GUI for Java, you can see the codepage files available by pressing the "More Info..." button in the About dialog. There search for "PATH_TO_CODEPAGE". The codepage files will be listed there.

Please let me know when you need further help.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf-Martin,

Thank you for your suggestion. It was helpful. I did the following:

1. I run the SM59 transaction and I have generated the following codepages:

14011408.CDP

14081401.CDP

14011407.CDP

14071401.CDP

2. I have these files copied to the sapgui folder

3. and it was worked

Best regards

Mark

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

good to know that it is working now.

Please remember that after installing a new version of SAP GUI you have to copy the the CDP files again into the new SAP GUI folder or set that environment variable to make SAP GUI to find them.

I am going to add a reference to the notes above in the manual of SAP GUI for Java so others may find it before wondering whats wrong with those dumps.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (0)