cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required - File to Proxy (Performance Issue)

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of my file to proxy scenario is taking 3 to 4 days to execute.

Basically XI picks up a file of 2-3 lakh records and pushing it to SAP via ABAP proxy. On the ABAP side, a BDC call is made to process the data. But the whole scenario takes 3 to 4 days for execution.

The scenario is an Asynch scenario and BPM is not used as its a very straight forward scenario.. Also the file can't be splitted as say each 10,000 records bcoz all of these records are interrelated and has to go to SAP end in a single shot.

Is there anything which can be done on either XI or ABAP side to optimize the scenario?.

Thanks,

Joe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe

BDC with <i>CallTransaction</i> method consumes much time for processing such a large volume of data. This can be controlled in ABAP by conveting into a session method. This session method can be scehduled to execute automaticacly. I'm not much sure of this process for running the created sessions automatiocally but u can find help in ABAP forum.

From XI perspective you can try to consider chunks of records if the records fetched are not dependent on each other.

Also check if the polling interval can be controlled.

thkx

Prabhu

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thx for all ur replies.. I think providing more details wud help to get a better response..

The scenario is an Asynch scenario and BPM is not used as its a very straight forward scenario.. Also the file can't be splitted as say each 10,000 records bcoz all of these records are interrelated and has to go to SAP end in a single shot.

One file per day.

thx

Jo.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The next thing to be considered is <i><b>sizing</b></i>. Not sure on how it could be used in your scenario as it is totally dependent on hardware features, specifying the bytes limit of a sync and async interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>XI picks up a file of 2-3 lakh records

Try to reduce the number of records sent to XI. Try "Recordsets per Message" option in sender file adapter. By default, it has the value "*". Specify some number like 5000 and check the performance.

Another option is to split the file by running a script file and calling the same in "Run OS command".

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe,

Can you give more details?

Is this an Asynch call or a synch call?

Are you using a BPM, etc, maybe there is something wrong in the way you have designed your interface.

Proxies are supposed to provide the best perfromance and the fact that it is taking such a long time is really strange, and so maybe if you can give us details on your interface , some reason for this issue can be found out.

Meanwhile also look into this guide,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

Regards

Bhavesh