cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to WAS Sneak Preview through SAP Logon 610

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!

I downloaded the SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40 from this page. Is it possible, to access the Basis System of WAS 640 throug the traditional SAP Client (SAP Logon)??

greetings George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WAS640 is basically a J2EE stack where you can pdeploy and run your applications, where as NWDS is the place where you will dovelop the applications, infact you can access function modules (RFC/BAPI) through SAP logon, these function modules can be accessed by webdynpro applications.

hope this helps you

RK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed latest Sneak Preveiw. I am trying to connect to WAS using Visual Administrator. I ran go.bat. I am trying to connect to J2EE engine using the following parameters

User Administrator

HTTP Port 50000

Host localhost

But for some reason I am not able to connect to J2EE engine. Can anybody suggest the right way_

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to access Java stact using GUI.

-Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geroge,

most probably WAS J2EE system wont be available for accessing thru Client Logon. And you dont need that to be also. Because you need this system either for deployment and running your J2EE/SAP applications or to administer the system. For deployement and execution you can do that directly from NWDS. And for Administration you have different visual interfaces like Visual Admin, Config Tool and SAP Management Console to help you. If you have any specific requirement where you need Cleint Log on to get connected with the system let us know the scenario. We will try to find the way out.

Regards,

Shubhadip