cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCOS. Any SAP recommendations, any experiences. Discussion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at the currrent NW release 2004s and MCOS I would have though it would be the perfect solution for small production system, i.e. 1000 or less users.

Personally I would not install BW into an MCOS environment, but I would have thought that solutions with SRM/CRM which are both transactional would fit perfectly with ECC. Given that most people stop SRM/CRM if they bring down ERP.

However I have yet to see any whitepapers or any customer running MCOS.

The site I'm currently working at has ERP Portal SRM XI and BW. Each system has it's own server (2CPU blade), They have a 5 system landscape, DEV,TEST,UAT,DR,PROD with PROD being clustered, this equates to 32 Seperate servers for an organization with less that 1000 employees.

This seem to be a complete waste to me. Even production runs at less that 10% utilization.

Any thoughts/opinions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems like a case of over sizing. May be the hardware vendor was offering a good deal to the customer if they buy a lot of systems

>>Given that most people stop SRM/CRM if they bring down ERP

This cant be generalized I believe especially if your CRM/SRM systems are non-SAP. Only the business can tell whether a business process requires all systems or not; and that if they can afford downtime for a particular component.

The landscape you have mentioned can certainly be consolidated but combining multiple components into a single system needs to evaluated for future needs as well. If I were to carry out the consolidation, I'd start off with a Business Impact Analysis for these systems, which would require the business people to specify how and when they use a system and if bringing it down affects their productivity.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatly this is pretty much the bare minimum hardware you can get these days.

For a Production system I would never specify less than two physical processors (redundency, etc). A modern two way Intel/AMD server has about 2000 SAPs. SAP certaintley hasn't kept up with moores law when it comes to processing requirements.

Given that Vmware is not supported for production use yet, there is not much we can do other than co-hosting.