cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Leave Request in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to customize the standard webdynpro application of Leave Request. So, I downloaded that particular file (*.wda ) file from the J2ee instance server and copied that to desktop . Renamed to zip extension and unzipped the contents.

After extracting the file i got two folders viz.,META-INF and PORTAL-INF.

I would like to know

1. Is it only that two folders that I need to get or are there any other files/folders ?

2. I want to add two Radio buttons in that Leave Request form, Is that valid? If so, How can I do that ?

( I have imported that folder(sap.comesslea) to the NWDS and I see *.xml files under the main node of PORTAL-INF.. what to do next)

Appreciate your inputs,

Regards,

NR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

You cannot modify Standard ESS applications without JDI.

Check out the SAP-Note: 872892 - JDI ESS Cookbook from Service Marketplace to know how to setup your systems to be able to modify the ESS Applications.

Once this is done, I can guide you for how to add the radio buttons in a particular view.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Thankyou for your reply, I have read the SAP Notes suggested by you and also gone thru /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/07/have-you-bagged-a-project-if-so-its-time-to-install-jdi-java-development-infrastructure , to install and configure JDI in NWDS .

As our basis guys work on that,meanwhile, I am curious to know , how we can add new things to a particular iview? if you have any documentation that i can read, plz let me know.

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

I dont have any documentation about the same. But you need to know WD for JAVA and corresponding backend aRFC's to make any changes to ESS Applications. Also you would need to understand the FPM Framework for the same.

Check out this blog. /people/harald.reiter2/blog/2006/09/06/sdn-day-session-in-las-vegas-custom-development-of-web-dynpro-ess-applications-using-floor-plan-manager

Also download the file from this link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km...

This blog gives you a basic idea of about ESS applications and how you can create your own ESS applications.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

That was a useful link. Can i have a personal interaction with you thru mail or messenger?

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes check my mailid in my business card.

Regards,

Shubham

Answers (0)