cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jarm enable the Web Dynpro DC through the CBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you are in the NW Studio you can choose in preference/Web Dynpro/generation the jarm level. As I can see after that setting takes effect all Web Dynpro methods are measured with the jarm performance monitor because in the generated sources (starting with Internal..) the jarm api is called. This is a setting local to the build in the IDE. I would like to enable Jarm also for the build through the CBS so when we transport our SC into production we have performance information for all our Web Dynpro applications.

Is there a way how to do it?

Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

no, the DC build does not support Jarm instrumentation. Furthermore, I don't think it's a good idea to have all that running on a production system as it may be quite expensive regarding performance, but that may also depend on the exact application.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc,

thanks for the quick reply.

Personally I do not think that the performance overhead should be too high as those APIs are designed for production use and are probably a lot faster than using bytecode instrumentation or a profiler.

The advantage of the Jarm instrumentation is that it is already built in. I mean if it would not be usefull than all the rest of the SAP APIs would not be using Jarm.

Anyways if that is not supported by the CBS there is nothing I can do about it.

As usual :).

I also pose this question to SAP support maybe there is something upcoming.

It would be awesome if there would be a way to enhance the CBS build with custom procedures. I know it is possible as I have seen it at SAP it is just not public documented and unfortunately I do not know how to do it.