Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter with empty files!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My scenario is: File -> XI (BPM) -> JDBC

Under BPM I have a fork with two parallel receivers correlated and two sender file adapters for that. Those senders also have file conversion (.seq file to XML).

My problem is: in case of files coming empty, is it possible that senders file adapter generates error during file conversion? And/or generates errors during correlations?

If so, "I wouldn’t like", because after receive these two files I have a switch to check if the file(s) coming empty and a control step to terminate the process in case of true. But this only works if no errors have occurred on the earlier steps!

At this moment I can’t test it, so I’m asking If anyone has faced an issue like this one?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which SP are you on?

Before Sp19 on XI 3.0 and SP10 on Pi, Empty Files are ignored by XI. The file adapter picks the file and if it is a empty file ( a zero byets file ) the file does not create a message at all for the file.

From Sp19, the file adapter has options that allow you to decide how to process the empty file. You can create an error message etc.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in SP15.

I don't need to do anything, the file is picked up and if is empty is ignored, right?

Thanks a lot,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> I don't need to do anything

Right. The zero length file will not be picked up at all.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot and points rewarded

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> >> I don't need to do anything

>

> Right. The zero length file will not be picked up at

> all.

>

> Regards,

> Jai Shankar

It will be picked. But, there will be no message created by the Adapter Framework and passed to the integrtaion engine!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>It will be picked. But, there will be no message created by the Adapter Framework and passed to the integrtaion engine!

Thanks for the clarification Bhavesh.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

always welcome jai

Incase you need more info, look into file adapter FAQ on service market place.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You dont get any error. Simply it will be ignored.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

The File adapter doesn't send files, so if the adapter receives nothing in the payload, the file will not be sent.

I think empty files can be handled with the file adapter since the SP19, there is a chech box that enable it.

I hope this helps you