cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Logon Page for J2EE Server

0 Kudos

I am trying to modify the standard logon page for the J2EE server. I have modified the file umLogonPage.jsp in the com.sap.security.core.logon.war file and placed it in the C:\usr\sap\AZ1\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon directory. When I restart the server the war file is overwritten. I replaced the ear and war file in the C:\usr\sap\AZ1\JC00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\SAP AG\6.3003.00.0000.20031112163623.0000 directory but it has no effect.

Does anyone know the correct process to change the logon page on the J2EE Server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

viliana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are three ways to do this but in all three you have to use the J2EE Engine Deploy Service through the Visual Administrator (or through SDM, Telnet, etc.). This is necessary because the Deploy Service is responsible for the synchronization of the application within the cluster. That is, your changes will not be applied on the other cluster nodes and also if there is an application synchronization within the cluster, your changes are overwritten. Moreover, if you add new cluster nodes to the existing cluster, your changes will not be applied on these nodes. Modifying files in the file system is more or less hacking of the server and is not supported.

1.The first way is to redeploy the whole application.

2.The second way is to update the application – this will preserve any security settings, etc., which you have applied.

3.The third way is NOT suitable for productive systems and should be used in developer systems only – this is the single-file-update. You can update only the file(s), which you want to modify. However, if you later update the whole module/application, your changes will be lost. Therefore, this option is not recommended in productive systems. For developer systems though, this is the recommended way to update your application if you want to update only a small number of files.

For how to use the Deploy Service and to perform the redeployment/update/single-file-update, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c2/cfe7b7daec476ba5454d0bba08e075/content.htm and http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8e/ecb07a4305452c93048854b3047934/content.htm

0 Kudos

Hi,

I used SDM to update the application and it worked fine. Thanks Viliana for the information.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex, could you explain more in detail?

Which application did you deployed? How? What will happen installing the next Support Packages?

Thanks

Andrea

Answers (0)