cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous systemcopy - what to consider ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

before upgrading to mysap ERP 2005, we do the following with our R/3-System:

we make a homogeneous systemcopy of our production system, to use it as new test-system, which we will upgrade to ERP2005 next week.

we are using sap-note 36862 for homogeneous systemcopy for iseries. our external outsourcing-partner is doing it right now.

BUT: what do we have to consider AFTER the systemcopy ? are there important things to take care about ? This is a copy of the PRODUCTION system, i want to avoid parameters to be 'production-parameters'.

regards, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Basically Martin you dont need to worry about this aspect too much since anyways this is going to be a test system. recently we did a hardware migration and for that as well we created test systems. In you case it is different since it is an upgrade project but still it is going to be test environment only. You will do the system copy and then do the upgrade on it and only then release it to users for testing. So your main motive is to beforehand check how this ERP 2005 system will work. You need to get it as close as possible to the actual system you are gonna use after the upgrade so basically you need to maintain production parameters as they wud be in an actual environment. Only that would help you to have beforehand knowledge of how the upgrade is going to work.

Please check this Upgade ERP 2005 link:

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003236242003/Index.htm

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Note 926085 (Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR1)

your MYSAP2005 is netwear 2004s version so go with this note.

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry samrat, but you haven't read my post correctly:

we are NOW on SAP R/3 4.6c !!!!!!!!!!!! and the systemcopy is

a R/3-Copy !

AFTER the upgrade it will be ERP2005 ! i want to know what to

consider in the R/3-copy, not in the erp2005 !

reg, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soory Martin i am in the view that your target is ecc6

before system copy you need to take the back of certain tables

like TBDLS,

T000,

E070,.....

and after system copy you need to delete the system dependency.

and import those tables

Samrat