Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am new to sap terminology .

can u pls tell wht is ment by SystemlandscapeDirectory .

can u pls explain in ur own words . like wht it will do? wht it contains?wht is the use?

regards

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD IS THE

i)Central information provider for NetWeaver system landscapes

ii)Manage software components and platform dependencies

iii)Facilitate Installations, upgrades and transports

iv)Based on Common Information Model (CIM) of the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF)

v)Basis for SAP Solution Manager

vi)Information provider for SAP XI

SLD Conent Type

Component Information:

i)Describes building blocks of solutions

ii)Describes possible combinations and dependencies

iii)Delivered by SAP, extensible by customer

Landscape Description:

i)Information on installed landscape elements

ii)Customer-specific

SLD describes About Central Information of u r System landscape and Tech and Business Systems in Sld are useful for Identifying u r Sender and receiver Systems for u r Landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. System Landscape Directory (SLD) is a central repository of information about software and systems.

2. System landscapes describe about the softwares that are installed, the products that are installed on different networks (hosts) and their instances.

3. SLD is based on software catalog (installed products and their components) and systems catalog (business systems {logical view} and technical systems {physical view} )

Hope this helps you in getting a brief idea.. If you need more details, you can mail me call2chandu@yahoo.co.in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SLD contains all the information of landscapes or SAP products.You can create techincal systems and business systems with the help of SLD.

You can create any no of business systems for a technical system but not vice versa.You can use business system/business service in your scenarios.

It depends on the scenario that you can choose business service/bussiness system.

..If you are dealing with proxie/Idocs..you can use business system.You can use business service in all remaining cases.You can execute your scenario with single business system/business service also...

You can execute your scenario without configuring SLD also by using Business service...

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is nice ,

System landscape Directory , is the central information repository in your landscape,It contains information about technical systems, landscapes, business systems, products, and software components in your system landscape. You can view and manage this information in the SLD.

Please see the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/43/01ea90ab24235de10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/43/01ea90ab24235de10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guruvulu,

SLD is nothing but Systemlandscape directory where you need to store your System Landscape detailse...like your product,Components,Technical System and Business Stystem all these things will are realted to develop your Interfaces in XI

Please refere the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/01ea90ab24235de10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SLD is the central information repository for your system landscape. It contains information about technical systems, landscapes, business systems, products, and software components in your system landscape. You can view and manage this information in the SLD.

Check SLD section of this blog...

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

Just try search "SLD" in SDN...you can get lot of info...

Sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guess you are new to XI.

Read this series and get to know the terminologies in XI,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Regards

Bhavesh