cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I just started to install VC on my BW production server for testing purpose, but I encounter some problems.

1. When i click setup.exe to start installing, en error message prompt out saying that <b>"unable to detect the IIS version, Contact the system administrator to install the last IIS version, otherwise the SapPortals application will not work properly"</b>. But, my EP works fine.

2. When I click "OK" to the above message, I can continue the installtion step. When coming to the dialog box to fill in SQL Database Server, I fill in the host name, TCP/IP port, DB name, User Name and Password. Another error message prompt out <b>"Failed to connect to database server. Verify connection details"</b>. Can anyone tell me the possibility from disallowing this VC to connect to DB server? I am confirmed that all the details is correct.

please advise and thanks a lot!

best regards,

ying ying

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might want to take a look at the Connectivity FAQ for JDBC in the WIKI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I look at trobleshooting connections and inside has a link to "How to resolve Visual Composer issues", most of them will troubleshoot the JDBC connector especially is after successfully installed the VC.

But my situation is in the middle of installing..

I read SAP notes 804496 and have confired the TCP/IP port, but still having this problem in connecting to my SQL database. What's going wrong in my connection since MS SQL server is inside my BW dev server. I just would like to install VC in BW dev server and VC will connect to MS SQL server that reside in the same server (BW DEV server) as well.

Please kindly advice. Thanks a lot!

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me the following:

1) you installed on your BW machine also a Portal? (that's a prerequiste)

2) What version of BW and what version of the Portal do you have?

3) I simply don't know if you can use the same IIS instance (for BW and for Portal). Is this what you are trying to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

BW platform NW04. (Release 640)

EP is NW04, SPS09.

J2EE engine 6.40 Patch Level 89291.313

MSSQL 8.00.2040#

IIS version 6.0

I get those information form SAP system -> status and I check the EP information from EP.

VC only requires the SAP platform to be NW04, EP is SPS07 and above, right?

my System should meet those minimum requirement, right?

Please advice. Thanks a lot for your help.

best regards,

ying ying

Former Member
0 Kudos

But it's clear to you that this is an old version of the VC without Flex? The new one is only on NW 04s available.

Here is more information:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Wheretofind+VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your url. I never realized that SAP NW 04 and NW 04s are different.

I read lots of VC materials. Many of them advised us to install VC in an VC server. If let say I do not have VC server, I have a BWD and EPD server. Can I just installed VC in any of that servers that meet the minimum requirements of VC installation?

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to install IIS in your system to continue

please gothrough the note 804496

for more information

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

thanks for your reply. This note has helped me to solve the first problem.

But second problem is still exist.

I use Query Analyser to connect to Ms SQL Server and it works. So, I type the same name, password and DB name, but error "Fail to connect database server" still exist.

Do you have any idea? Thanks a lot

Best regards,

ying ying