Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could you please list the steps that i need to follow if:

1) if message mapping fails at the run time.

2) I am implementing a file to Idoc scenario and the scenario works fine at the XI end end but the idoc doen't get deposited at the R/3 end. What are the steps that i need to perform at the R/3 end.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashis,

Do you mean the Idoc is not posted in the SAP system? or is it that the function module is not processing the idoc as expected in the SAP system.

if the Idoc does not reach the target system, then look into SM58 in XI with the user id as * and see if there is any TRFC dumps.

If the Idoc is not porcessed in the SAP system , the functional team shoudl give you a better idea.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh i was asked this question in Xi interview and they said that an XI person is supposed to know a bit about the troubleshooting steps that needs to be done at the R/3 end???

Regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmm... that is rather strange!

From a XI developers perspective, if the Idoc is posted on the R3 side with the correct partner profile then the task is complete. If the idoc is not processed by the function module it can be due to multiple reasons including incorrect data , incorrect logic and so on.

Having some knowledge does help, but am not sure if it is absolute must!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh and what about the first question??

What are the trouble shooting steps that I need to perform if my message mapping fails during the runtime?

Regards,

Ashish

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>What are the trouble shooting steps that I need to perform if my message mapping fails during the runtime?</i>

>>>>

There can be multiple reasons;

1. Check the source XML inside XI matched the structure of your Source XML type

2. Check for mandatory fields filled or not. Else missing mandatory fields can cause mapping to fail.

3. in case any advanced UDF is used make sure that exceptions are handled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANy steps that i can perform in RWB for the same?

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can compare the payloads the one that comes in moni and the one that is generated in design when you test the mapping to solve the error. You can also use the display queue function in graphical mapping to find out what exactly is coming in and going out of XI.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can make use of RWB-> Mesg. Monitoring or End to End monitoring too to give u an upper hand (in case of the mesg. flow). But in case of a failed mapping the steps i mentioned in my earlier post suffices predominantly !!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You have to create port and RFC destination in SAP R/3 side to post your IDOCS into R/3.

Check the steps in the below blog...

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Sekhar