cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File name in File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is it possible to send the sender file name to the receiver end using file adapter?

Can one BS system be associated with more than one TS and one TS with more than one BS?

What is the diff between Message Type and data type and can one message type have more than one data type?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

><i>Is it possible to send the sender file name to the receiver end using file adapter?</i>

Yes it is possible. In the sender and receievr file adapter, you need to slect the option ,

<b>Adapter Specific Identifiers --> FileName.</b>

GIve dummy file name in the receiver file adapter, but if option above is selected, then the source filename will be used as target file name.

>i]Can one BS system be associated with more than one TS and one TS with more than one BS?</i>

One Business System can be associated with one and only one technical System,

One technical system can be associated with multiple business systems. Remeber technical systems are at the top of the hierarchy .

>i]What is the diff between Message Type and data type and can one message type have more than one data type?</i>

Datatype is the defintion of the data strucutre. One message type can be assoaietd with only one Datatype, but one datatype can refer internally to other datatypes. Message Type are used in Message mapping!

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in case you need the same file name at the receiving end too ref: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2664. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

It explains clearly the steps involved in the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can one BS system be associated with more than one TS and one TS with more than one BS?

One TS can be associated with more than one BS. For example each client in R/3 can be configured as a business system.

What is the diff between Message Type and data type and can one message type have more than one data type?

Check this link.

Regards,

Sudheer.