cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT Category not showing in RWB->AlertConfiguration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Alert Category using Transaction ALRTCATDEF. I followed it as mentioned in Michal's blog.

In Runtime workbench --> Alert Configuration, under Select Alert Category, I am unable to see the Alert Category which I have created. Only if, I could see this Alert Category, I will be able to select this and Add Rule. I used filters to search and even tried to click Update Table. But still unable to see.

Why is it that I am unable to see the Alert Category which I have created. Basically, I logged in as PISUPER and created the Alert Category. Kindly advise.

Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally clicking on UPDATE table should to the trick.

Make sure that the Alert Category has been saved in ALRTCATDEF and is not locked by any user id.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Now that I am able to see the Alert Cateogry which I created. And as per Michal's blog, I added the rule to this category also. As explained in his blog, I gave a wrong XML to one of the processes. SXMB_MONI is showing the status as error, but there is no message triggered in the Alert Inbox. I tried RWB--> Alert Inbox also as well as GUI --> ALRTINBOX also. But there is no alert message triggered.

Can anyone guide me on this.

Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tested your Alert category using "RSALERTTEST" ?

Also what is your SP level?

Also check in ST22

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What should I do with RSALERTTEST and ST22. I am on PI 7.0 SP 10.

Regards.

Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>What should I do with RSALERTTEST and ST22

Go to SE 38 and execute the report RSALERTTEST. Remember to choose your alert category here and check if alert reaches your inbox.

ST22 is for checking if any errors have occured. There will be short dumps if any.

P.S: First check if you have added users to "Fixed receipents" in ALRTCATDEF.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested by you, I executed the report RSALERTTEST and an ID got generated as part of the Alert. It also appears in my alert inbox.

I made a file with mapping error and processed it. SXMB_MONI displays the status of the message as error. But, the alert inbox is not displaying the alert message. I have added oneof the user as Fixed Receipients also in ALRTCATDEF, but still the alert is not triggered.

Any solution to this.

Regards.

Balakrishnan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for dumps in ST22 like pointed by Jai.

Make the user id as * and see if there is some dump.!

Check n ote : 913858 for more info.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> have added oneof the user as Fixed Receipients also in ALRTCATDEF

Make sure you log in to RWB with the user Id specifed in ALRTCATDEF.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

balakrishnan

also ensure ur alert rules are set accordingly i.e. u havent specified an limitation in the alert rule.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh i am checking the note 913858 and will shortly let you know if i achieve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have implemented the note 876546

Regards,

Vikram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Balakrishnan

You can also check if the login id used has the profile <b>sap_all</b> added

thkx

Prabhu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

SAP_ALL is not needed,

The PIRWBSUER / XIRWBUSER should have the role , SAP_XI_RWB_USER. And the profile for the same should have been generated.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thks bhavesh, I believe my login had this profile activated. Does SAP_ALL has all the previledges like PIRWBUSER/XIRWBUSER? Kindly let me know.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

yes SAPALL ahs all roles associated with it.!

For alerting, SAP_XI_RWB_USER will be sufficient! More info is on the note : 913858!

Regards

Bhavesh