cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning object structure name 9ADPBAS is invalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am trying to access the DP planning book but then it pops up with this error "Planning object structure name 9ADPBAS is invalid".

can anyone tell me as to why is this happening and is there a way to resolve it.

Thank you in advance.

suresh garg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I just found the solution for this issue by referring to the post-installation guide of SAP SCM.

-----------------------------------------

3.3 Activating Info Objects

Procedure

To activate missing info objects, proceed as follows:

In your ABAP system, run report /SAPAPO/TS_D_OBJECTS_COPY by using transaction SE38.

Click Execute again. The missing info objects are now active.

-----------------------------------------

I tried it in a fresh installed SAP SCM 7.0 and it worked perfectly.

Regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. It is finally working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you working on SCM 5.0?

I found a problem like this. All the standand MPOS were deactivated and I was not able to activate it. I solve the problem activating the BW business content that contains the chars assigned to the MPOS and then activating the MPOS.

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcelo-

It is SCM 5.0

I already asked the basis guys about it and they have taken care of the problem as they had the installation all messed up.

I would like to know more about the activation of the characteristics in the business content area if you could explain it to me i will appreciate it.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is must have post-install for SCM 5.0

In your ABAP system, run report /SAPAPO/TS_D_OBJECTS_COPY by using transaction SE38. This will active missing info objects.

Regards

Joe Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

as mentioned in this thread , I have run /SAPAPO/TS_D_OBJECTS_COPY via se38 , but still the error is coming. I am working in SCM 5.1. Can you please help me out in this case.

Thanks ,

m

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Can you check what is the entry against your user name in transaction Assign User to Planning Book (/SAPAPO/SDPPLBK). Make sure that against transaction /SAPAPO/SDP94 the planning book and one of the data views of the planning book are correctly mentioned. If not add the entry and save while exiting. Next time you open Interactive Demand Planning the error should not come.

This is assuming that the planning book / data view you are trying to access is not linked to Planning Object Strcuture 9ADPBAS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath -

Thank you for the reply.

I tried the assign user to the planning book. it does not work as it is still giving the same error. i am using the following planning book 9ADP_BASIC, Trans.code /SAPAPO/SDP94 , Dataview that was assigned to the planning book and used my user name. but it is still giving the same error "Planning object structure name 9ADPBAS is invalid " is there some other way to handle this error.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think better you recreate the MPOS and follow the steps till planning book creation and assignment of user to the plnning book .

Steps

Create and acitivate MPOS .

Generate CVC's

Create Planning Area with the active MPOS

Create Time Series Objects

Define Storage and plannin gbucket Profiles

Create Planning books and Data View and activate

Assign User to planning book

and then you can enter the planning book with spcific data view and selection to plan your data .

Regds,Digs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Have checked the MPOS : 9ADPBAS is active or not because the planning book 9ADP_BASIC which you are trying to access is assigned to plng area 9ADP01 which is again assigned to MPOS 9ADPBAS.

So make sure that your MPOS is in active state and some cvcs exist in that.

If it still gives the same problem then please post the exact scenario and error message.

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Pls reward points if it is helpful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

We are on SCM 5.0 and face a similar issue

After the installation the standard MPOS - 9ADPBAS and the Planning Area 9ADP01 are not initialized.

This is even before the custom planning areas and MPOS is transported.

Is there an installation issue here or is it normal for this to remain inactive after the installation ?

I also read a previous note by you on a similar issue ( 9ADPBAS) that said -

" -

Can you check what is the entry against your user name in transaction Assign User to Planning Book (/SAPAPO/SDPPLBK). Make sure that against transaction /SAPAPO/SDP94 the planning book and one of the data views of the planning book are correctly mentioned. If not add the entry and save while exiting. Next time you open Interactive Demand Planning the error should not come.++

This is assuming that the planning book / data view you are trying to access is not linked to Planning Object Strcuture 9ADPBAS "

Is there a way to rectify this while setting up the system ?

Or

Should we go by setting up the user in the trasaction (/SAPAPO/SDPPLBK)

Or

Is there any other option.

Please advice.

Regards,

Liz