Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC as sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am trying to do RFC to JDBC scenario

My question is when I execute the RFC in SE37 transaction code, how does my output of the function module goes to SAP XI to so that the data goes to JDBC.

Please explain me how to execute the function modue in SE37 (if is executed by not pressing F8) button. And when we execute the function module, how does the data would reach the SAP XI.

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you need to create a tRFC connection of type RFC in the application system ie SAP system to XI box.

Once you execute thry tRFC port it will come to XI if program id is registered and configured in the SM59. For more on settings-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

btw, you need to set up all design objects and configuration objects respectively in the Repository and Directory.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC has import and export structure

1. When you execute the RFC with the RFC destination you have created, the data in the import structure is passed to SAP XI.

2. The metadata should be the same and hence you need to import the RFC for using as message type

3. the response from the DB should be mapped to the response of the RFC

4. If you want to send data in Async mode then you need to create a program and call the RFC in Background task so that the RFC does not wait for a response.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

We have Import Export parameters in RFC right, when RFC triggers a call(i.e. when we execute the RFC using F8), the export parameters are passed to the XI Integration Engine using the RFC adapter thorugh the adapter engine.

Hope this helps u!!!

Cheers,

Nagesh.....

Message was edited by:

Nagesh