Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW in ECC 5.0 ?????????????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am working on ECC 5.0 R/3 systems.

Now my company wants BW system.

I want to know Whether BW is already in R/3 system or We have to install Netweaver Server and then add BW component.

In short want to know how to install and configure BW system in Ecc 5.0 Version.

Please provide any refrence documents.

Regards,

Danniel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danniel,

Did you ever figure out how to make BW work with ECC 5.0?

After installing ECC 5.0 and did some post installation steps, which includes client copy from client 000 to client 800.

When login into client 800 and run RSA1 transaction I can see source system and application components.

When try to click on datasource to create a infosource, I get error say that infoobjects are not active.

I thought I have to install Business content, But when I go Business Content button, I don't see any SAP Application components OR source system, to install.

Can anybody tell me how make this BW work with ECC 5.0?

FYI: I installed ECC 5.0 only (It has BW 3.5 component.....) Do I have to install anything else, to make BW work?

Please Respond.....

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW...When I did Client copy, I copied SAP_ALL profile only..?

Do I need to copy any other profiles? (Like SAP_CUST..?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want install BW and ECC5.0 on same system, you can use MCOD method.That is by using one database we can install multiple componets on same system.

Regards,

Pulla Rao.

Message was edited by:

pulla rao k

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as you're saying, you're working on ecc50, which means that netweaver 2004 is already implemented...and thus bw/bi is also already implemented as it is part of nw2004...

GreetZ, AH