cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Clix interface

0 Kudos

I am interested in writing some scripts using the CLIX interface to automate some monitoring and basic housecleaning tasks. My concern is that all of the useful operations (even checking status with mdsstatus) require the server password - and some require the database password which is even worse - as a command line argument.

Needless to say the thought of hardcoding the server and/or database password in a script does not thrill me but I want to run these as scheduled jobs without a prompt.

Does anyone have a clever way of obfuscating passwords in a script file (.bat or preferably perl)? We are running MDM on a windows server.

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul ,

We faced similar issue and I guess most of people .

What we done is that directory on servers are password protected . so there is possiblity for us to protect each and every folder ( I dont know how they achieve this ) .

Since all the folders are password protected , only 2 people have access to that folder having scripts .

Hope this helps ,

- Annika .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have the batch job execute on your PC, and your company network password does not let anyone see what is in your batch file. That is what we are doing.