cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional information in forum posts...

krzysztof_konitz4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have suggestion. When you go to thread you can see some information concerning person who write a post: user name, number of posts, number of questions, forum points.

Maybe it would be useful to see also number of forum points given by the person for his questions...

Krzys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be a nice feature to see if the ratio posted questions/reward points isn't too low and the SDN admins (only) can interven if needed. That in the assumption that he get good responses and that he doesn't reward > 10 points in one post.

It's a bad feature when it'll be used for answer posters for only posting answers to people who have a high ratio.

Eddy

-

Pimp up the S(D)N site and earn points. Check this <a href="/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2007/02/01/pimp-up-the-jam log</a> for details

krzysztof_konitz4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to discriminate users but maybe such information would force some (absent-minded) poeple to remember about reward points

Krzys

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The answers to questions are not only valuable for the requesters, other guys might profit from the answer as well and they are not able to give points.

I think, points are good to say 'thank you', but in my opinion the whole impact of points is overrated. A lot of discussions in the last days are dealing with points. People are accused for receiving points dishonestly, other people are accused for not giving points.

I have not found out, what real benefit the points have besides receiving a T-shirt

Regards

Stefan

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

A great real benefit was free/reduced price admission to the TechEd last year (for those earning 10K/5K points)

/people/mark.finnern/blog/2006/06/29/well-deserved-free-ticket-to-the-sap-teched-of-your-choice

krzysztof_konitz4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you are right... Points doesn't have material value (except of course T-shirts

But thanks to point system people are recognized as good specialits or just kind-hearted.

When you look at someone points you roughly know if his answers are useful and whether you can trust him.

I think most people would like to have a lot of points just because they want to be respected.

And of course almost all of us just like to collect things (stamps, beer cans and so on...

regards

Krzys