cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we avoid bashing of the newcomers?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like this example:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/cs/user/view/cs_msg/17433

I do not like when people who spent a lot of time for creating blogs are insulted.

I would suggest to enable bloggers or moderators to delete all replies to a blog which are not dealing with the content.

If we do not care about this behavior we risk to lose SN members who may provide good content in future.

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps the solution to this is: Enable user to delete comments.

Actually as a newbie, even I was abashed for two of my blogs, but instead of taking the bashin as negative, I took it as an inspiration and tried to improve the quality of my blogs(Thats what I percieve since there were no negatiove comments on them).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Just post your own (kind) comments to blog post to neglect my "insulting" feedback. That's simple.

VS

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Sorry for taking your reply as example.

I do not see my role to "correct" other guys blog replies.

Maybe anyone other might take this responsibility.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

The real SDN problem (besides points system that is both creates SDN and will destroy SDN if it can't evolve) is <b>ignorance</b>.

I'm not forcing you (or anyone else) to "correct" bloggers. But, if you have opinion, why not to just spread it??? If you see value in author's post why not to simply say him that his/her effort is great? Or you had similar problems but solved them in different way -- why not to share your experience if context is the same? And, finally, if you disagree, why you or me must not say this publicly?

Silent ignorance is what destroys any society. I'm glad you start this thread, but I quite disappointed why __you__ don't reply to my comments in blog... Strange thing, here at SDN I feel free to say what I think even at price to become "negative hero" for someone else. Do you?

VS

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

> Strange thing, here at SDN I feel free to say what I think even at price to

> become "negative hero" for someone else. Do you?

No, I do not see SDN as a platform to argue with others, besides this forum for suggestions, because suggestions have to be discussed.

That is way I want this discussion here and not as off-topic replies to a blog.

You do not often see me replying to a blog, that is right. But it happens sometimes and I have already disagreed with the content of a blog

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree.

I also think this situation has its genesis in the (success of) current point-system.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but I don't see someone that is member since 30/12/2005 and having 657 points as a newcommer.

Such a person should know what's going on in SDN.

Eddy

-

Pimp up the S(D)N site and earn points. Check this <a href="/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2007/02/01/pimp-up-the-jam log</a> for details

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Sorry, but I don't see someone that is member since

> 30/12/2005 and having 657 points as a newcommer.

> Such a person should know what's going on in SDN.

I don't see that this is a good reason.

Stefan

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The use of "I'm a beginner" as an excuse doesn't count since beginners are guided by the SDN team when they want to publish their first web logs. "Bashing" might not be right method, but it's clear in this case that the thought behind it comes NOT from one single person. So no reason to attack the messenger either.

See also /people/eddy.declercq/blog/2007/01/23/from-the-grumpier-old-man-any-way-the-wind-blows

Eddy

-

Pimp up the S(D)N site and earn points. Check this <a href="/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2007/02/01/pimp-up-the-jam log</a> for details

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, when this post seems to be an attack to anyone. This was not my intention.

I needed an example to illustrate my concern.

And it was also not my intention to discuss if the repliers of the weblog are correct with their opinion or not.

I just stumbled over this blog, because I am not used that a blog about an XI topic has 26 replies and most of the replies are not from the guys who usually deal with that topic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I "deal with that topic", actually. Frankly, XI is still a black territory for me

But the topic discussed is what I've already learned. Moreover, any person with a grain of logic in his brains can understand clearly that both parts these are separated to different blogs discus the very same issue. So it's naturally looks like buying "force and back" railway ticket (don't know exact English term) at different places

Worth to mention, that even you originally refer to my comment at blog /people/sudheer.babu2/blog/2007/01/18/asyncsync-communication-using-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp-19 (8 comments total) but then argue with blog /people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2007/01/18/syncasync-communication-in-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp19 (26 comments, no my comments)

Yep, such similarity is really insulting

VS

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

You are right, both blogs belong together. So your response also belongs to both blogs. I would not have recognized these blogs, if there weren't so many replies to it. That was all that I wanted to say, nothing else.

I am not an english native speaker, so please forgive me, if some epressions are not correct. I just wanted to say, that some of the names I have not read so far in the XI context, but in other contexts like in this forum, so I was curious to read there replies.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery

This example (two quite related blogs) is another good reason why new bloggers should be encouraged to create "beginner" style blogs as wikis. As a wiki, there is no single owner - and someone who feels that two pieces of content are closely related can change the page to merge the content into a consistent document.

It avoids the "this is similar" "no it isn't" infinite loop that we're seeing in some recent blogs.

Cheers